How to treat Cham eye bump?

carter29

So I posted on here the other day wondering what the eye bump was. I was suggested to take her to the vet. The only problem with that is, that I live 4 hours from the closest vet, and it’s un-telling what the cost would be to treat her. I believe there is some sort of shed in her eye. I don’t know for sure though. I can touch it and it seems to not bother her in the slightest. It’s been there for almost 2 months and seems to not bother her. So I don’t know. What can I do for her?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 5
So I posted on here the other day wondering what the eye bump was. I was suggested to take her to the vet. The only problem with that is, that I live 4 hours from the closest vet, and it’s un-telling what the cost would be to treat her. I believe there is some sort of shed in her eye. I don’t know for sure though. I can touch it and it seems to not bother her in the slightest. It’s been there for almost 2 months and seems to not bother her. So I don’t know. What can I do for her?
What supplements are you using and what is the schedule your using them on? We can see this when fat soluble vitamins are given far too frequently. So we would check this first.

Your saying that has been there for 2 months. Concern is if there is not a supplement issue then this will only get worse which means you have to get her treated by a vet that knows reptiles.

What supplements are you using and what is the schedule your using them on? We can see this when fat soluble vitamins are given far too frequently. So we would check this first.

Your saying that has been there for 2 months. Concern is if there is not a supplement issue then this will only get worse which means you have to get her treated by a vet that knows reptiles.
Well I wasn’t giving her any supplements when it formed. But it started to form during a shed. That’s what I think it is. I started to give her supplements recently, but I stopped a week or two ago.

It’s probably an abcess between the eyeball and eyelid. You need a vet visit asap. Its position will interfere with targeting correctly. Abcesses are different in chams than humans. It’s a sack filled with thick white stuff like cottage cheese. The best is to remove the entire sack then treat with antibiotics so no secondary infection occurs. It’s a straightforward procedure here take a look go to a vet with chameleon experience or it could cost you a fortune. Check our list on here for vets in your area.

It’s probably an abcess between the eyeball and eyelid. You need a vet visit asap. Its position will interfere with targeting correctly. Abcesses are different in chams than humans. It’s a sack filled with thick white stuff like cottage cheese. The best is to remove the entire sack then treat with antibiotics so no secondary infection occurs. It’s a straightforward procedure here take a look go to a vet with chameleon experience or it could cost you a fortune. Check our list on here for vets in your area.

Ok I will see what I can do

Well I wasn’t giving her any supplements when it formed. But it started to form during a shed. That’s what I think it is. I started to give her supplements recently, but I stopped a week or two ago.
Just wanted to add that you'll still want to use supplements during feeding, just not the vitamin A supplements :) calcium without D3 for nearly every feeding, calcium with D3 to use 2x a month, and a multivitamin to use 2x a month. I alternate between calcium with D3 and multivitamins every Saturday

Just wanted to add that you'll still want to use supplements during feeding, just not the vitamin A supplements :) calcium without D3 for nearly every feeding, calcium with D3 to use 2x a month, and a multivitamin to use 2x a month. I alternate between calcium with D3 and multivitamins every Saturday
Ok will do!

If you post pics of the supplements your using we can tell you how to use them properly. But you have to supplement because without this they do not get the calcium needed to balance the phosphorus level of the insects. They also do not get the multivitamins they have to have for proper function of their eyes and tongue. Per the lump in the eye you have to take her to a reptile vet that knows chameleons. If that is not treated correctly it will only get worse.

Back
Top Bottom