I own a baby veiled!! :D

Ray99

Hi guys I just received my cham yesterday, he is EXTREMELY SMALL he´s just 7 cms (3 inches) with tail!!!! he´s in a 16x16x20 all-screen cage that is way big for him!!! I think he´s a male because of his colors, today I offered him a small mealworm but he rejected it!!! what should I do ???!!!! I´m desperate.

The temps in the basking spot are: 85°F
In the coolest side around 73-76°F
Right now he is sleeping he is: 64° He has a ceramic heat emitter cause in the morning here in Guadalajara, Mexico we have temps around 5-10°C.

He ate while in his package cause I saw poo, it was black-brown with white urates.
Tomorrow I´ll buy crickets, and post some pics of the cham.

P.D Give me names!!
Thanks!

Hi guys I just received my cham yesterday, he is EXTREMELY SMALL he´s just 7 cms (3 inches) with tail!!!! he´s in a 16x16x20 all-screen cage that is way big for him!!! I think he´s a male because of his colors, today I offered him a small mealworm but he rejected it!!! what should I do ???!!!! I´m desperate.

The temps in the basking spot are: 85°F
In the coolest side around 73-76°F
Right now he is sleeping he is: 64° He has a ceramic heat emitter cause in the morning here in Guadalajara, Mexico we have temps around 5-10°C.

He ate while in his package cause I saw poo, it was black-brown with white urates.
Tomorrow I´ll buy crickets, and post some pics of the cham.

P.D Give me names!!
Thanks!
COngrats on your new baby!
first, he prob wont eat for a few days, and dont feed mealworms regularly.
second- his basking temp might be a bit high for a itty bitty baby- keep an eye out for gaping.
third- he didnt eat in his package, most people dont put food in with a cham, cuz bugs can bite.

Well if he's a veiled, I would look for tarsal spurs ( little bumps) on the back of the two hind feet. If you see them, it is male. If not... Well, you get it.

what camothe said.
it is a veiled.
so if you arent sure on gender....
post pictures of the back of the back feet.

Ok another question: It´s ok if I turn the lights at 6am??
Because today he was sleeping at 6pm I think I´ll turn them on at 8-9pm

Ok another question: It´s ok if I turn the lights at 6am??
Because today he was sleeping at 6pm I think I´ll turn them on at 8-9pm

have your lights come on when the sun comes up. have them go off about an hour after sun goes down, but dont worry if hes up before your lights come on, or asleep an hour before lights go off.

if you wont be home to turn off an on, get a timer... makes life sooooooo much easier.

what supplements do you have?
how do you water?
is there anything on the bottom of the cage? (answer no)
post some pics, esp the back of the back feet.
(side note, you cant tell gender from coloring at his age, they all look the same.. green with white splotches)

what uvb bulb do you have?
what basking light do you have?

have your lights come on when the sun comes up. have them go off about an hour after sun goes down, but dont worry if hes up before your lights come on, or asleep an hour before lights go off.

if you wont be home to turn off an on, get a timer... makes life sooooooo much easier.

what supplements do you have?
how do you water?
is there anything on the bottom of the cage? (answer no)
post some pics, esp the back of the back feet.
(side note, you cant tell gender from coloring at his age, they all look the same.. green with white splotches)

what uvb bulb do you have?
what basking light do you have?

I agree. Timers make everyone's lives so much easier (unless the timer is messed up and changes everyday)

I have a CFL repti glo 5.0 and an exo terra sun glo halogen, I have the exo terra: calcium+D3, Calcium, multivitamin, for watering I have a Monsoon, the bottom of the cage is bare

the calcium, youre sure it does not have d3 right? someitmes its tricky and it really does.

next time for basking bulb, you can use a regular house bulb, 40-75 watt, depending on what temp readings you get.

I use a 100 watt bulb and it works just fine. My cham enjoys sitting under that eating the miniature superworms that I have in a brown plastic dish.

I use a 100 watt bulb and it works just fine. My cham enjoys sitting under that eating the miniature superworms that I have in a brown plastic dish.

just lettin ya know you can go cheap and get a house bulb. dont need the 15 dollar basking bulbs from pet chain stores.

and dont feed mealworms regularly.

do you know about gutloading crickets?

just lettin ya know you can go cheap and get a house bulb. dont need the 15 dollar basking bulbs from pet chain stores.

and dont feed mealworms regularly.

do you know about gutloading crickets?

Yeah he just seems to like the superworms. They make up about 5% of his diet. Crickets are 40% (gut loaded) silkworms make up 30% and butter worms make up 25%. He gets calcium at every meal and calcium with d3 once every week. Multivitamin every other day.

Congrats on your new baby and welcome to the forums. You need to buy some pin head crickets for a baby that small and if he doesn't eat tomorrow I'd be very concerned. When they are that young they can't go very long without food like the older ones can. I'm attaching my blog for new keepers below. It has links to picture of what all you need to keep this baby alive and healthy.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Yeah, you have to feed the crickets and give them water , like carrots and other veggies
How often do I need to use the multivitamin and the calcium+D3??
My halogen bulb was $5 how expensive are normal house bulbs are??

Thanks

Yeah, you have to feed the crickets and give them water , like carrots and other veggies
How often do I need to use the multivitamin and the calcium+D3??
My halogen bulb was $5 how expensive are normal house bulbs are??

Thanks

fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds. all good.
multivitamin= twice a month
calcium with d3= twice a month
calicum w.o d3= ever yfeeding.

and silks are gonna get too big for him.
pinhead crickets are pretty much what you should stick to for now.
household bulbs 3 bucks maybe.

Back
Top Bottom