Is she gravid. (Pic Heavy)

SarahSurfer

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled,Female, 9 months old.
How long has it been in your care? 6 Months
Handling -Rarely
Feeding - 8-10 crickets every day. Dusted either 2 or 3 times a week. Dusting with a zoo med calcium/d3 supplement.
Watering - Drip system/some misting. Leave the drip system on for about a hour everyday. Mist for about 2 minutes.
Fecal Description - The consistency of the fecal matter is not runny whatsoever. Most of the urea is white, very little have a bit of a yellow tinge. (Sometimes she doesn't want any water.)
History - None

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen. 4'x3'x3'
Lighting -Reptisun 5.0, and a basking bulb. 75 watt. Both for 12 hours a day.
Temperature - 85 F around basking area. 68-75 Cool area. Sticker Thermometer :/
Humidity - 60% during the day (The meter is right where the basking light is)South Texas is naturally humid and I have a live pothos vine. Petco dial hydrometer.
Placement - Its in the corner of the room. Near a window but recieves no direct sunlight. The cage is a foot off the ground giving it a total height of 5 ft.
Location - Corpus Christi, TX

Current Problem - Wondering if she is gravid or not, lately she has had more vivid colors than usual and doesn't bask as much and moves around more actively.

I guess could the incident come from me installing the reptisun recently?

IMG_0034 by SarahSurfr, on Flickr

IMG_0033 by SarahSurfr, on Flickr

IMG_0003 by SarahSurfr, on Flickr

IMG_0002 by SarahSurfr, on Flickr

IMG_0032 by SarahSurfr, on Flickr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjxCWHB--oI&feature=youtu.be

I would say no she isnt gravid but as above make sure a laying bin is ready for her. With your supplements is that pure calcium and then a calcium with D3 aswell? You also dont mention a multivitamin. Also I would be dusting all feeders with calcium.

Reg. calcium WITHOUT D3 everyday, calcium w/ D3 twice a month, and multivitamin twice a month. Orrrrr Repashy Calcium Plus everyday, it has everything needed so no mult or cal w/ D3 needed twice a month.

Back
Top Bottom