Is this a good combination for a superworm gutload?

Chali2naRap

yellow corn meal, dry coconut shavings, quaker oats, honey nut cheerios, and almonds that im going to take out of honey bunches of oats?

Thats a very good combination. Im currently using that right now. except i put a few maple leaves on top.

yellow corn meal, dry coconut shavings, quaker oats, honey nut cheerios, and almonds that im going to take out of honey bunches of oats?

No, it is not.
Corn is useless. The oats are high in phosphorous, and by themselves are inadequate. Cheerios offer sugar and not a lot more in terms of this combination. A few arent going to hurt, but really this isnt the best choice. The coconut wont hurt. a few raw ground almonds would be good.

How to properly gutload supers: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/443-superworm-substrate-gutload-one.html

Got to concur with Sandra here - kids cereal is not good for chams :). My guys love a bit of sweetness, but natural bee pollen is the way forward. Processed sugars are bad for everyone (not that I care for myself, only the lizards :D). Calcium should be the first thought when it comes to gutload food really.....

Back
Top Bottom