Jack the nosy be

Recent photos of my boy❤️ he really makes me feel a ton better 🥹
IMG_4492.jpeg
IMG_4495.jpeg
IMG_4496.jpeg
IMG_4502.jpeg
IMG_4506.jpeg
IMG_4503.jpeg

Was Looking back at pictures when Jack first arrived versus now and I gotta say the color change is crazy! I was shocked by his color when he first arrived although he always seemed to be either light colored or very dark no in between. Recently he’s been so vibrant and the red rain on his eyes, arms and head has gotten INSANE! Just wanted to share these pics, I feel like Jack is such a happy boy with me😊(first 3 pics are before and last 3 are after)

Also does anyone know a good solution to get rid of fungus gnats 🤨they’re rampaging my cages and I’ve tried almost every solution

First arrival
IMG_3801.png
IMG_3755.jpeg
73740447107__D21B4898-8D65-44FA-A83A-2D6052B8281C.jpeg

Recent pics

IMG_4540.jpeg
IMG_4544.jpeg
IMG_4534.jpeg

Last edited:
Was Looking back at pictures when Jack first arrived versus now and I gotta say the color change is crazy! I was shocked by his color when he first arrived although he always seemed to be either light colored or very dark no in between. Recently he’s been so vibrant and the red rain on his eyes, arms and head has gotten INSANE! Just wanted to share these pics, I feel like Jack is such a happy boy with me😊(first 3 pics are before and last 3 are after)

Also does anyone know a good solution to get rid of fungus gnats 🤨they’re rampaging my cages and I’ve tried almost every solution

First arrival
View attachment 357203View attachment 357204View attachment 357205

Recent pics

View attachment 357206View attachment 357207View attachment 357208
It’s mind blowing how cool he looks!! I love the red rain! 🤯😍🤩

First arrival
View attachment 357203View attachment 357204View attachment 357205

Recent pics

View attachment 357206View attachment 357207View attachment 357208
Awww he’s so handsome!!! I have sundews/carnivorous plants next to my girls cage and they work decently with lowering my gnat population

Besides that idk how to get rid of them :).

Awww he’s so handsome!!! I have sundews/carnivorous plants next to my girls cage and they work decently with lowering my gnat population

Besides that idk how to get rid of them :).
thank you for that! i was definitely looking into getting carnivorous plants that cant go into the cage but i guess we will see! I've tried everything from apple cider vinegar to watering the plants with hydrogen peroxide and no luck :/

Is your enclosure bioactive? If not, you could try Mosquito Bits. I have 2 Katchy things, tried baby mantids and the apple cider vinegar and the dratted gnats were still everywhere. Out of desperation I tried the Mosquito Bits and that has worked. I think it did wipe out my clean up crew though.

Is your enclosure bioactive? If not, you could try Mosquito Bits. I have 2 Katchy things, tried baby mantids and the apple cider vinegar and the dratted gnats were still everywhere. Out of desperation I tried the Mosquito Bits and that has worked. I think it did wipe out my clean up crew though.
Okay this is perfect! Thank you for the info, just one question. Is the mosquito bit at all harmful to the chameleons? I’ve seen a bunch of stuff about the bits but never really looked into them

Okay this is perfect! Thank you for the info, just one question. Is the mosquito bit at all harmful to the chameleons? I’ve seen a bunch of stuff about the bits but never really looked into them
I only used because I had read on here in the past that it was safe for our chameleons. It’s a bacteria that kills the gnats and their larvae. Still, I only put it in the soil and avoid the leaves.
Btw, Jack is just gorgeous! 💗

I only used because I had read on here in the past that it was safe for our chameleons. It’s a bacteria that kills the gnats and their larvae. Still, I only put it in the soil and avoid the leaves.
Btw, Jack is just gorgeous! 💗
Okay perfect! I’ll be sure to try that then thank you so much for the helpful advice, and thank you so much for the kind words 🥹

Back
Top Bottom