Mantis babies are hatching!!!

coldbloodedAL

Avid Member
Just got a text from the gf that said " We have babies!" And i was confused since we only have males. But she was talking about the mantis! :D this is pretty exciting considering I was about ready to throw that darn ooth out, i thought it was a dud! Ill get some pics when i get home from work:) or maybe Sara will post some pics if she sees this.:p

How long did you have to wait? I have one that is labeled 12/10 that has not hatched yet and I was close to giving up on it. I got mine a mantisplace and its a chinese cup-o-mantis. You have the same?

I have had some "cooking" for a good few months. The first one hatched while I was in CA, the second one hatched Saturday so they are coming along. My baby mellers like mantis.:D:D

I have had some "cooking" for a good few months. The first one hatched while I was in CA, the second one hatched Saturday so they are coming along. My baby mellers like mantis.:D:D

Thats so cool! I have one more in the refrigerator im gonna pull out soon.:D Im hoping Morpheus and Oakley will take them. They came at a good time too i just ordered 500 bb flie pupae and deli cups

Just got a text from the gf that said " We have babies!" And i was confused since we only have males. But she was talking about the mantis! :D this is pretty exciting considering I was about ready to throw that darn ooth out, i thought it was a dud! Ill get some pics when i get home from work:) or maybe Sara will post some pics if she sees this.:p

There so tiny so I just got a close up on one for now. Some didn't make it but others did. Enjoy :)

Attachments

• 416919_2290341517917_1830383681_1476358_2032117849_n.jpg
    416919_2290341517917_1830383681_1476358_2032117849_n.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 171
first time i heard the "we have babies" from the gf, i had forgot to totally seal the aquarium they where to "hatch" in...well when i got home i was hunting ant sized mantids the rest of the night out of my room, LOL

first time i heard the "we have babies" from the gf, i had forgot to totally seal the aquarium they where to "hatch" in...well when i got home i was hunting ant sized mantids the rest of the night out of my room, LOL

LOL maybe I should go check on ours cause its not fully sealed...:eek:

I'm glad to hear that it can take that long to hatch. I had almost given up on mine. Can the babies climb smooth plastic surfaces easily? I assume they can so I will have to figure out how to feed them to new hatchling panthers in open top baby bins. Any suggestions?

I'm glad to hear that it can take that long to hatch. I had almost given up on mine. Can the babies climb smooth plastic surfaces easily? I assume they can so I will have to figure out how to feed them to new hatchling panthers in open top baby bins. Any suggestions?

Packaging tape around the inside at the top should work

they climb better than monkeys on crack!! they can also run, so they move and climb quite quickly, lol..i love mantids tho, hard to feed them off (i just ordered an idolomantis diabolica from ireland as a pet :D )

Back
Top Bottom