Melleri breeding project on pause, so meet Naga

Oh he is gorgeous! Would so love to have one, the only ones I came around were wild caught and not so healthy looking. Best od luck with your breeding project! Look forward to hearing more about it!

Thanks GinBlack!! He was not in good shape when I got him...none of mine were honestly. But he is doing great now.

No, they are adults. They just did not do well free ranging. I built a custom enclosure that could handle a chameleon of this size.
Haha,at least I got it wrong this time:),I bet that must be a super giant cage for those 2 other adults You have,btw,you are correct on the "Drama free" part over here,so far so good :)

So all these melleri must came from the wild caught since you said you starting your breeding project,am I correct?and you must have them since they were babies,am i also correct on this??

Naga is so handsome!! I've never had a melleri but I have always admired them!
Good luck with your breeding project. It would be so great to have more captive bred Melleri because from what I've heard WC have a hard time adjusting to captivity. keep us posted!

So all these melleri must came from the wild caught since you said you starting your breeding project,am I correct?and you must have them since they were babies,am i also correct on this??

Correct, every Melleri I own is a wild caught(unfortunately). The importation process is brutal, which is why I am trying my best to figure out a successful breeding program for these guys. The youngest one I received was roughly 10 months old. Now that was just an educated guess due to the fact that there was absolutely no way for me to know exactly.

Naga is so handsome!! I've never had a melleri but I have always admired them!
Good luck with your breeding project. It would be so great to have more captive bred Melleri because from what I've heard WC have a hard time adjusting to captivity. keep us posted!

Thanks JaxyGirl!! I am crossing my fingers!!

Correct, every Melleri I own is a wild caught(unfortunately). The importation process is brutal, which is why I am trying my best to figure out a successful breeding program for these guys. The youngest one I received was roughly 10 months old. Now that was just an educated guess due to the fact that there was absolutely no way for me to know exactly.
I bet where they came from must have some clue to offer you to duplicate their living environment,maybe the seasonal humidity,temperature,even the amount of the food they were catching must be vary...so no one at this moment has been breeding these melleri successfully?

I bet where they came from must have some clue to offer you to duplicate their living environment,maybe the seasonal humidity,temperature,even the amount of the food they were catching must be vary...so no one at this moment has been breeding these melleri successfully?

Not to my knowledge. I know of imports that came in gravid and keepers have successfully hatched the eggs. But I have never heard of successful captive breeding with this species. Not saying that someone out there hasn't been successful.....just not to my knowledge.

Not to my knowledge. I know of imports that came in gravid and keepers have successfully hatched the eggs. But I have never heard of successful captive breeding with this species. Not saying that someone out there hasn't been successful.....just not to my knowledge.
In what month when these gravid female get imported?maybe that will be their optimal breeding season(month),since their instinct at that time might be the highest for them to reproduce their young, correct me if Im wrong on this???

In what month when these gravid female get imported?maybe that will be their optimal breeding season(month),since their instinct at that time might be the highest for them to reproduce their young, correct me if Im wrong on this???

That... I could not tell you honestly. I have looked at studies that were done in relation to breeding times in their natural habitat. I am currently playing with some ideas on weather patterns and optimal breeding times.

These guys had captive bred babies, and think now the ones that are available are sub-adult.

I had inquired about this at one time and was told that in this case, "CB" stood for captive born...not captive bred. I don't know if that was true or not. Maybe @d3s5 would know. She is a Melleri freak like me. Lol.

That... I could not tell you honestly. I have looked at studies that were done in relation to breeding times in their natural habitat. I am currently playing with some ideas on weather patterns and optimal breeding times.
And I thank you for being honest with me:)cause u got me curious now to think that there is got to be a method to get these wc melleri breeding in a way that you want them to be breed,it is just the matter of time now,since you have all 6 going,there are should be a higher percentage for them to reproduce quicker so to speak.

And I thank you for being honest with me:)cause u got me curious now to think that there is got to be a method to get these wc melleri breeding in a way that you want them to be breed,it is just the matter of time now,since you have all 6 going,there are should be a higher percentage for them to reproduce quicker so to speak.

No problem! That is the hope!!

I had inquired about this at one time and was told that in this case, "CB" stood for captive born...not captive bred. I don't know if that was true or not. Maybe @d3s5 would know. She is a Melleri freak like me. Lol.

CB can stand for Captive Bred or Captive Born depending upon who is using it, so you should always ask which it stands for before buying. CBB stands for Captive Bred and Born.

Good luck with your project!

Deb

Realy purity your Melleri so lovely Colers uwauuu :D :D , this is my melleri's ,tomorrow I go have 2 more :D. I also go try to breed my melleri's :). But is really really difficult

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom