My brave girl

Kclarke02

Avid Member
So the other day I got Chloe out and sat with her just relaxing on my hand, she was very calm from how she's been the past 3 months since I got her. She was really checking everything out the whole time. Today when I got home I opened her cage door to mist her and she immediately made a run for it! She climbed right out of her cage, over my hand, and made her way to some fake flowers for a while then moved to a big pothos, where she's been happily relaxing the past hour already. I'm so proud of her for being brave and finally venturing out!!
image.jpeg

I could tell the other day she was really looking around, like she was deciding where she could go. Then today she made a run for it. I've been watching her like a hawk so far! She's on the move now so I'm curious if she's headed back home or just taking a stroll....

Ha, I had a thought that this might happen when I read this thread earlier :D. Just in case Jann doesn't get to answering I'll give my two cents. Since she is already asleep I would not bother her. I'd try to be up before sunrise to see if I could make sure she doesn't get into any trouble. If that's not possible, you may want to move her into her enclosure, but she won't be happy.

Ha, I had a thought that this might happen when I read this thread earlier :D. Just in case Jann doesn't get to answering I'll give my two cents. Since she is already asleep I would not bother her. I'd try to be up before sunrise to see if I could make sure she doesn't get into any trouble. If that's not possible, you may want to move her into her enclosure, but she won't be happy.
Thanks so much for the advice. I really didn't know what to do with her. This plant has a hook to hang it, so I'm considering slowly moving it up higher. I really hate to wake her up, she just looks so happy and peaceful. It was a big day for her, several crickets and venturing out. She just looks so peaceful! Such a precious girl....

So the other day I got Chloe out and sat with her just relaxing on my hand, she was very calm from how she's been the past 3 months since I got her. She was really checking everything out the whole time. Today when I got home I opened her cage door to mist her and she immediately made a run for it! She climbed right out of her cage, over my hand, and made her way to some fake flowers for a while then moved to a big pothos, where she's been happily relaxing the past hour already. I'm so proud of her for being brave and finally venturing out!! View attachment 163806
she is so cute! I wish mine was that ambitious. keep a close eye on her not to wander away though

I agree. Leave her there unless you have cats or dogs that might get her tonight.

I'll have to move this plant eventually, due to a very old but curious cat. She'll either be back home safely, or I won't sleep a wink for watching out for her.

she is so cute! I wish mine was that ambitious. keep a close eye on her not to wander away though
She's been so cautious and timid up until the other day. I hoped everyday she'd decide she wanted out, and finally today she did. I really couldn't believe it. I've been watching every move she makes tho, all the while not letting her know :rolleyes: She's such a precious little soul, I love her. :love:

Seriously tho, how did you know?!? I've come and gone, done dishes, cleaned my kitchen, and she's still out!

Just had a feeling as I read the thread. No reason. Figured she was enjoying herself and may settle in somewhere.
You're so right, good call. I don't want to wake her, I've tried turning on some lights, making a little noise, nothing. I'm about to attempt to slowly move this plant.....

There's no keeping this girl in her cage anymore. Everyday when I get home from work she's sitting by her cage door, waiting. When she gets out, it's a lot like babysitting a toddler. :ROFLMAO: She seems to have a destination in mind and it's somewhere new everyday. No more timid girl hiding in the greenery in her cage! Today I'm so excited. She's made her way to the jungle gym I made yesterday. It's not done yet tho and she's giving me this look like "this is it?!?" :cautious:

Sounds like the fun has just begun! No more rest for you girlfriend she is now in control.:ROFLMAO: Fiona' s still not home because Chase got called into work Tuesday but he is bringing her tomorrow. I posted earlier today about a surprise for her...while waiting for her I got her 24x24x48" enclosure ready to move in. I don't think she will ever get the run of the house. I have a 2 year old mini dachshund and a 8 month old Shorkie.....they are way to lively for Fiona to be out. I do take her out on my deck and supervise her as she climbs on my plants out there....she loves that. Make sure Coco doesn't make a midnight run to the refrigerator. :D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

How exciting! Post a pic of her new home when you get a chance. I'm sure Fiona's gonna love it!
As for Chloe, she's all over the place now. I have 2 cats, one is 13 and she hates him, the other is 8 but could care less about Chloe, so she's good. Chloe just wants to climb on everything, even if it's a ceramic decoration. Yesterday she did manage to sit on top of a ceramic bird tho....

Back
Top Bottom