my chameleon color question

bradjyoon

So my cham is doing this thing since few days ago.

Lighting didn't change (although due to my house it's really hard to bump up the basking temp to over 90F highest it can go is 85F so occasionally I take my cham outside and let it chill under the sun for couple hours so if you have any suggestion of how to bump up that temp up to 95F that would be great!), humidity is the same nothing really hasn't changed.

He used to have this light green color but since few days ago he's been staying in dark green color. I know the things that I putted into his cage is mostly dark color but I don't know why he suddenly changed his color.

weird thing is whenever he comes out to my hand he turns into light green.

Does this mean he is not afraid of me and something is bothering him in the cage? or the opposite? I thought chameleons are suppose to stay in light green color when they are comfortable.

Chameleons turn darker colors when they want to get warm, it helps them absorb heat better. Could you post a pic of him?

When you said that you had darker thing in his cage that does not make him be darker as chameleons do not change color based on their surroundings (brown on tree, blue on shirt) as many people think

When you said that you had darker thing in his cage that does not make him be darker as chameleons do not change color based on their surroundings (brown on tree, blue on shirt) as many people think

I know but I've read somewhere that when chameleon is comfortable and relaxed they tend to blend color what is surrounding it

This is a pic of my cham

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 128
Do you think, maybe, because he is so young it could just be his color trying to come in, in general? Like maybe he might just be starting to get darker but lightens up when he is on your hand/comes out of his cage because it's exciting to him? My chameleon Tony no matter what he is doing the minute he is out of his cage he lightens up because he just gets so excited to be roaming around free.

I want to assume that's what it is hahaha because I'm really doing everything that I can to keep him in right conditions

Back
Top Bottom