my chamelian

First off, u want plants in ur cage for sure. I would recommend u get ur chameleon to a vet and then find a checklist of things u need to keep a chameleon and go down the list making sure u have everything. Also find a feeding schedule and make sure u're giving him the diet he needs

All this must have come as a shock to you. First off you need your baby to see a reptile vet to stop the mbd getting worse. Vets can often work out a payment plan if you need that. Then work on your supplements and feeding. The forum will help you with that. Uk supplement names can differ from US ones but there many of us in the uk who can tell you what they use. Then bit by bit you can improve his enclosure. We are all here to help, you just have to ask the questions. Good luck.

First off, u want plants in ur cage for sure. I would recommend u get ur chameleon to a vet and then find a checklist of things u need to keep a chameleon and go down the list making sure u have everything. Also find a feeding schedule and make sure u're giving him the diet he needs

you mean live plants and the rest i will do .

All this must have come as a shock to you. First off you need your baby to see a reptile vet to stop the mbd getting worse. Vets can often work out a payment plan if you need that. Then work on your supplements and feeding. The forum will help you with that. Uk supplement names can differ from US ones but there many of us in the uk who can tell you what they use. Then bit by bit you can improve his enclosure. We are all here to help, you just have to ask the questions. Good luck.

thanks kate its a lot of a shock to me cus to be honest hes been growing well and shedding well and eating very well and i got him out today and took him outside for some fresh air cus his viv was getting too hot and then suddenly he went limp on the front end and i wondered what ide done to him ill be getting into the vets first thing in the morning and ill be buying some plants for his viv aswell

Mbd can be caused by lack of calcium and uvl light. Sometimes a cham who is being properly supplemented will develope it for no apparent reason. The supplement regime is very important as too much can cause more problems. It is recommend that his food is given a very light dusting if plain calcium daily. Add in one with d3 and multivitamin twice a month. I used plain calcium daily and nutrabol ( a uk product) twice a month, but recently I changed to Repeshey calcium plus and use it every day. It contains everything my Cham needs and I don't use anything else. Your vet will advise you as to what you need for the next wee while till he gets better.

Yes this is all correct a vet is best. but a good gutload is very important also i have taken in a beardie and a veiled both with mbd.

It is gonna take some love to help this guy. My veiled that i took in was an offsping of mine I sold gave the person a care sheet list of what's needed a suppliment schedule like I do for all that purchase from me and five months later I get a call he is laying on the bottom of his cage can't climb so I told him to bring him over I would nurse him back if I could as soon as I saw him I knew what he had bowed legs no colour just pail grey I have pics but my phone wont let me post. Anyway I told the owner surrender him to me or give me the money for the vet we can go now.and guess what I almost hit this jerk he says no if hes sick you keep him maybe i will buy one in a couple months I'm like bbounce buddy lose my number took hos cage plants lights everything he had a little compact light no foliage and just a couple branches on the bottom of a three foot cage grrr.. so what I'm trying to say I have dealt with mbd for the late 11/2years and everyone is living Happy and healthy WITH ME!! And if you need any advice you can pm me any time. Ps.sandrachameleon is the best with nutrition and gutloading there is alot of excellent info in her blogs...

well ive called the vet this morning and have an apointment for friday , the vet asked where we got him when we told them they said that they have had a couple of cases over the last couple of weeks of people getting chams from the same person , we will see what happens friday .

Good luck for Friday. If his grip is still poor you might be best to keeping anything he climbs on low and putting a folded towel on the floor in case he falls.

you mean other chameleon being sold with MBD like yours? Were his legs curvy like that when you got him? You need to get a uvb light and most of us use the Reptisun 5.0 tube style. I would also get him out in the sun as much as possible, although I know you live in England where the sun seems to not shine so much from what I have seen on other people's posts!!!

I'll second the above. A proper UVB light like reptisun 5.0 definitely is a good idea. Get the tube lights as they are still better than the bulbs. Get it right away. This will help to slow down/stop mbd and in rare cases even reverse the effects. And the vet appointment is a must. Good luck on Friday.

you mean other chameleon being sold with MBD like yours? Were his legs curvy like that when you got him? You need to get a uvb light and most of us use the Reptisun 5.0 tube style. I would also get him out in the sun as much as possible, although I know you live in England where the sun seems to not shine so much from what I have seen on other people's posts!!!

yes his legs havent changed shape since i got him in the first place uvb bulb ordered live plants bought and now in his viv and hes been out in the sun today as its been quite warm and sunny

yes his legs havent changed shape since i got him in the first place uvb bulb ordered live plants bought and now in his viv and hes been out in the sun today as its been quite warm and sunny

I hope someone can track down that breeder and give him some "feedback" on his poor animals. Such a shame and so preventable.

Well, you are on the right track with your little guy and the sun will be very good for him. He' will always look a little odd, but hopefully can live a good life with you.

Back
Top Bottom