My First Post Ever! (Meet Calypso!)

SarahSurfer

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 123
Hello Calypso :D, aren't you a little sweetie? Welcome to the forum......

Yeah, its called a spur, and its only on the back legs - will just look like a little bump at that age - can't be certain from the photos, she's maybe 8 weeks old.....

Oh I already know. I've wanted one for 3 years. Then about a week ago I had a dream about one, woke up and bought her the next day.

So how long till shes full grown do you think?

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled or Yemen Chameleon, 2 months as you said. And for A week in 2 days.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Honestly everyone once in a while, but im trying to accustom her to handing, right now its for short periods of time and she doesn't show signs of stress.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Small superworms and crickets. I'm feeding the crickets calcium loaded food. (petco worker told me they would get more calcium out of that then dusting) im feeding 1 or 2 a day.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Flukers
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Misting Constantly throughout the day(for about a minute and a half) or a drip system. Yes I have seen her drink, just today actually.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Dark Colored with a white tip? I can't remember honestly lol
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Right now its a temporary 20 gallon shallow tank with a screen until I create my own. To hold in heat.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Both a UVB light and A basking lamp (zoomed) turned on around 9 in the morning and off at 9 at night.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 85-90 in basking area. and about 80-85 elsewhere. Two different thermometers.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Right now shes outside in the south texas humidity meaning its around %100. And I have a hydrometer.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Ficus
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Low traffic. Near no vents outside.
Location - Where are you geographically located?
South Texas Near the Water

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Veiled or Yemen Chameleon, 2 months as you said. And for A week in 2 days.
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Honestly everyone once in a while, but im trying to accustom her to handing, right now its for short periods of time and she doesn't show signs of stress.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Small superworms and crickets. I'm feeding the crickets calcium loaded food. (petco worker told me they would get more calcium out of that then dusting) im feeding 1 or 2 a day.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Flukers
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Misting Constantly throughout the day(for about a minute and a half) or a drip system. Yes I have seen her drink, just today actually.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Dark Colored with a white tip? I can't remember honestly lol
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Right now its a temporary 20 gallon shallow tank with a screen until I create my own. To hold in heat.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Both a UVB light and A basking lamp (zoomed) turned on around 9 in the morning and off at 9 at night.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 85-90 in basking area. and about 80-85 elsewhere. Two different thermometers.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Right now shes outside in the south texas humidity meaning its around %100. And I have a hydrometer.
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Ficus
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Low traffic. Near no vents outside.
Location - Where are you geographically located?
South Texas Near the Water

at that age she should be eating around 15-20 crickets a day...they grow fast and need to eat as well as be properly supplemented...you will need 3 supplement to dust your feeders with (people in pet stores hardly ever give correct info on chams) dust with plain calcium w/o d3 every day, calcium with d3 and a multivitamin supplement each 2x a month, i usually wait until they are a little bigger before i start feeding worms, but thats just me...you want to keep the humidity up, but you also want the cage to completely dry out between mistings to prevent bacteria build up and the chance of your cham getting an RI...as for a cage, you will need one with a lot of ventilation to prevent stale air for your cham (an all screen cage is recommended) a smaller cage is good for now, but an adult cage you will want at lease 18"x18"x36" for a female and 24"x24"x48" for a male...they are arboreal creatures so they need vertical room with horizontal "walkways" throughout the cage...for UV you will want to use a linear (tube, not CFL or spiral) reptisun 5.0 or repti-glo 5.0 and a regular household bulb is fine for basking...for a cham that age a basking spot of about 82 is what you want and increase it about a degree per month up to the high 80's for an adult, the bottom of the cage should be 10-15 degrees cooler to provide a temperature gradient so your cham can thermo regulate...if its hot in your house you can just leave the heat lamp off...i think i hit everything, but im sure someone else will chime in with other critiques...good luck :)

Welcome to the forums Sarah. This is a great place to learn about chameleons. I keep veileds and have three Luie, Camille and their daughter Elly. They are such a pleasure to work with. I have a blog for new keepers attached below to help you keep Calypso as healthy and happy as mine have been. If Calypso is female I also have a blog for egg laying and the laying bin that you will need by 4 or 5 months. Females can and often do lay eggs without a male even being around.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html

Welcome to the forum and i think i can speak for all, it was worth the wait and thanks for sharing :cool:

Welcome to the forum, sorry I am later than every one else. Little Calypso is darling.He sure is tiny, enjoy him and the forum. I hope you find us helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

Back
Top Bottom