My new Bearded Pygmy

Weekendherper

After much research and deliberation, I finally decided to purchase my first chameleon. (I bought him from Mike at FLChams - Thanks Mike!) I was looking for something on the small side and ended up with just about the smallest one! I've been keeping snakes for many years and currently have quite a few in a dedicated room, but I was looking for something I could keep upstairs in my home office. I've been thinking of buying a chameleon for several years, but have always thought they might just be too much to take care of, especially the humidity requirements. Over the past year I've purchased 2 green tree pythons that require misting a few times daily, so it's now part of my routine. I decided that it's finally time to "step up" and get a chameleon. Chameleons have always fascinated me and this guy is just amazing! My snakes seem a little boring to watch in comparison! I only hope I can keep myself to just one chameleon......

Anyway, here's a picture I took today. Hopefully it shows up.

Attachments

• Pygmy Chameleon 9.jpg
    Pygmy Chameleon 9.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 167
Thanks! I took him outside today for some sunshine and took this picture. I understand pygmies may or may not benefit from UVB, but I'm using a 2.0 anyway.

Attachments

• Pygmy Chameleon 13.jpg
    Pygmy Chameleon 13.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 179
I wouldn't handle those little guys too much! What are you keeping him in?

I really enjoy the pygmeleons-you should get him a girlfriend!

They are pretty fragile because they are so small. I agree, get him a girlfriend :D. Plus, he probably needs some getting used too.

I wouldn't handle those little guys too much! What are you keeping him in?

I really enjoy the pygmeleons-you should get him a girlfriend!

Point well taken on the handling.

He's in a 12x12x18 exo-terra glass terrarium which is about 2/3's full of cover. Sometimes it's tough to see him, although I'm sure he prefers it that way!

I'd love to get him a mate, but I've already got my hands full incubating snake eggs. Not sure I'm ready (yet) to start raising baby chameleons ;)

Point well taken on the handling.

He's in a 12x12x18 exo-terra glass terrarium which is about 2/3's full of cover. Sometimes it's tough to see him, although I'm sure he prefers it that way!

I'd love to get him a mate, but I've already got my hands full incubating snake eggs. Not sure I'm ready (yet) to start raising baby chameleons ;)

Easy easy easy to raise. Just need to find good homes for them!

Please be aware that these little guys when startled can play dead so effectively that I hav known people who disposed of the "bodies" only to find that they revived after. Don't dispose of a body unless you are certain its dead.

Please be aware that these little guys when startled can play dead so effectively that I hav known people who disposed of the "bodies" only to find that they revived after. Don't dispose of a body unless you are certain its dead.

Oh god, HAHA!

"Well Marge, he's dead, better, flush 'im" :eek:

I've heard about this. Reminds me of the eastern hognose trick. Hopefully he's never so scared that he tries it:)

sadly, years ago, i flushed two little guys not knowing anything about playing dead. i had three, and they all were dead. i got distracted after flushing the second, and when i came back for the third he was up and about........... i stayed away from chameleons for a couple years after that

sadly, years ago, i flushed two little guys not knowing anything about playing dead. i had three, and they all were dead. i got distracted after flushing the second, and when i came back for the third he was up and about........... i stayed away from chameleons for a couple years after that

Oh no! Well mistakes happen. And now you know, albeit the hard way:(.

i love my pygmy chameleons i was going to buy from flchams too but there was some complications with the website pygmys are fascinating i have a male and a female i hope the pictures of mine show up if they do the lighter pyg. is the female

Back
Top Bottom