Namul

Staying hidden.
IMG_8895.jpeg
IMG_8894.jpeg

I saw a female veiled….i wish I could take her home. I do have another space in the casita. Thinking about pulling a new space project. 🤣

IMG_8898.jpeg
IMG_8900.jpeg
IMG_8902.jpeg

Before I leave work. Give him misting spray. I won’t be back until around past 1 o clock in the morning. 😥

I notice a mark in mouth for a few days. I didn’t think a hornworm would inflict that much force of bite. So far these past days I don’t see anything inside concerning. That wound look like it slowly healing.

View attachment 358061View attachment 358062View attachment 358063
Before I leave work. Give him misting spray. I won’t be back until around past 1 o clock in the morning. 😥

I notice a mark in mouth for a few days. I didn’t think a hornworm would inflict that much force of bite. So far these past days I don’t see anything inside concerning. That wound look like it slowly healing.
I squeeze both ends of the horn, with my tongs, to ensure it doesn't bite. I've read that hornworns don't bite. But my opinion is anything with a mouth has the potential to bite!!!!!!

I just love Namul! 🥰
Both horns and supers can give a decent bite, but usually chams know the right way to avoid getting bit. Some will 🤢 crush the buggy heads right before feeding them off, but that’s not something I can do. I’ll just give smaller horns and supers instead.

I just love Namul! 🥰
Both horns and supers can give a decent bite, but usually chams know the right way to avoid getting bit. Some will 🤢 crush the buggy heads right before feeding them off, but that’s not something I can do. I’ll just give smaller horns and supers instead.
I'm a crusher!

I just love Namul! 🥰
I couldn’t crush either 😭 I give small ones too and have never had a problem with bites. He did choke on one once and it scared me so bad! I’m paranoid about them now but he loves them so much that I can’t bring myself to stop getting them for him. They are his absolute favorite. Just another reason to give smaller ones

I just love Namul! 🥰
Namul can aim. But he showed me sometimes he very comical. I laugh when I saw him aiming at the feeder bowl. The feeder bowl is cut out of a large fountain drink cup. So he can see the bugs. But he doesn’t realize the plastic barrier is in the way. Initially, he knew to aim from above to get the bugs. It funny to see him forgot a lot lately.

Today he saw me to place the crickets again in the cup. This time he waited for them to jump out. He stayed in his ficus tree to aim at the escaped crickets without the need to move entirely.

Back
Top Bottom