New Baby Chameleon? Help please

Lol no rain in israe... -.- only up in the mountains and thats like 30 sec rains..

I know that water is expensive too in israel but try take the longest showers as possible for the chameleon

Lol no rain in israe... -.- only up in the mountains and thats like 30 sec rains..

I know that water is expensive too in israel but try take the longest showers as possible for the chameleon
Lol what do you mean no rain in israel..its winter here ofcourse it rains, but the weather is changing too much this year its like 2 weeks normal weather and 1 week rainy winter...wierd..

I'm afraid I dont understand your question?
I mean how far should the light be from the chameleon..or the chameleon's highest place it can reach..or the whole aquarium?

If indoors, The UVB tube would sit on top. Keep the basking lamp 5-6 inches away from the cage.

-Steve

What do you mean by tube, and what do you mean by basking lamp?

The UVB bulb is a tube style, it's not round like a normal bulb. Look up a picture or something. And a basking lamp is a normal house light bulb that you place over the cage to keep the basking spot warmer than the rest of the cage.

It looks like you have a LOT of reading to do. He should also not be in an aquarium. He needs a screen cage.

The UVB bulb is a tube style, it's not round like a normal bulb. Look up a picture or something. And a basking lamp is a normal house light bulb that you place over the cage to keep the basking spot warmer than the rest of the cage.

It looks like you have a LOT of reading to do. He should also not be in an aquarium. He needs a screen cage.

Okay and how far should it be from the cham so it doesn't get burned or something..

The UVB can be right on top of the screen, or an inch or two above depending on your cage. You also need to provide places for the animal to escape the UVB, so it needs lots of coverage. The basking light bulb needs to be a few inches off the screen in case you have a chameleon that like to crawl upside down on the top. Be careful about that if he is, they can burn their bellies really easy.

EWWWW!
Hi again everyone..

Guys the chameleon is changing skin or something!
A layer of its skin is removing or I don't know the word in english..
Is that normal?

Thanks again.

A chameleon needs two different sources of light. One light for UVB and one for Heat.

The tube light, preferably a reptisun 5.0 TUBE, works perfect if placed 6-8 inches away.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/images/presentation/P4275.jpg

A normal house bulb can be used as a heat source and needs to be placed far enough away to create a basking area of about 80 degrees.

Place both lights close to each other so the chameleon can receive both heat and uvb at the same time.

Shedding is perfectly normal. It means he is growing. Just spray the cage for a little longer to make it more humid to help him.

A chameleon needs two different sources of light. One light for UVB and one for Heat.

The tube light, preferably a reptisun 5.0 TUBE, works perfect if placed 6-8 inches away.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/images/presentation/P4275.jpg

A normal house bulb can be used as a heat source and needs to be placed far enough away to create a basking area of about 80 degrees.

Place both lights close to each other so the chameleon can receive both heat and uvb at the same time.
Thank's for the info :)

Shedding is perfectly normal. It means he is growing. Just spray the cage for a little longer to make it more humid to help him.
Cool! I'll spray it, thank you.
It's almost done, the whole middle is done, the head is still shedding, the back part of its body and the tail are still shedding too :)

Crickets, roaches, silkworms, and other things are better than an only fly diet. Flies do not carry all the nutrition it requires to grow big and strong.

You can search all of the questions you are asking in the search engine above.

Or I'll make it easy for you
Search

That's how I found all of my information.
If you don't have any idea where to find a screen cage, it's pretty simple to make one as well, there are many threads showing their custom made cages.
But this is a must. Chams need to climb and get a full amount of sunlight and air ventilation,some things you don't get with an aquarium.

Crickets, roaches, silkworms, and other things are better than an only fly diet. Flies do not carry all the nutrition it requires to grow big and strong.

Silkworms! Thank's! I have a big mulberry tree, It must have silkworms on it, I hope I will find, Raising silkworms is easy, I have all the requirements to raise them I guess!

Thank you!

I thought silk worms were no longer wild... Try finding a bunch of crickets and catching them to raise baby crickets. All you need is a little heat, a small container of moist dirt for the crickets to lay eggs in, and veggies to feed all the crickets. Try searching how to raise crickets.

I thought silk worms were no longer wild... Try finding a bunch of crickets and catching them to raise baby crickets. All you need is a little heat, a small container of moist dirt for the crickets to lay eggs in, and veggies to feed all the crickets. Try searching how to raise crickets.

Okay thanks, I guess thats best idea because I got a big problem..
Weather became very cold, windy and rainy this week and couldnt find any fly at all, and silk worms can't be raised in this time of the year.

I must raise crickets now..nothing else.
Thank you.

Sure. If you can find other bugs like stick bugs try breeding those too! Or if you can find a pet store that sells cockroaches breed those as well.

Back
Top Bottom