New family members!

Gloriawood

Chameleon Enthusiast
So this isn’t chameleon related, but I’m just so excited and thought some of you might like to see these guys! For about 7 years now, I’ve been wanting chickens. My brother recently started keeping a few and his 3 year old heard I wanted chickens. A few weeks ago during a phone call he said “don’t worry Aunt GoGo, I’ll hatch you some chickens!” And well….the little booger indeed hatched me some chickens. 😂

IMG_1451.jpeg

IMG_1452.jpeg

Aww…so cute! I love chickens! That’s just too sweet that your little nephew hatched them for you. 🤗 What about the names of George and Gracie? Yes, very old school. 😄

Aww…so cute! I love chickens! That’s just too sweet that your little nephew hatched them for you. 🤗 What about the names of George and Gracie? Yes, very old school. 😄
Sooo I really truly considered your suggestions. I love that they both start with G like my name, and I do love old school names. However, I’ve come to the conclusion that they are just not ‘out there’ enough for me. If you couldn’t tell with Spaghetti, I tend to pick somewhat goofy names.

After much debate, I’ve settled on Seaweed (the rooster) and Chopstick (the hen). 😌

Little update. Chopstick should lay her first egg any day. Seaweed is the perfect gentleman rooster, protecting his lady, bringing her treats and encouraging her to nest. HOWEVER they decided to BREAK IN TO MY HOUSE! Apparently I didn’t get the back door quite closed and they came in and made themselves at home in my bathroom 😑 which was clean. The knocked stuff off my shelves into my sink and on my floor.

IMG_1739.jpeg

Little update. Chopstick should lay her first egg any day. Seaweed is the perfect gentleman rooster, protecting his lady, bringing her treats and encouraging her to nest. HOWEVER they decided to BREAK IN TO MY HOUSE! Apparently I didn’t get the back door quite closed and they came in and made themselves at home in my bathroom 😑 which was clean. The knocked stuff off my shelves into my sink and on my floor.

View attachment 358934
When my parents had chickens, they would come in through the doggy door and lay eggs on every stair 🤣

Back
Top Bottom