New here... My introduction :-)

Beautiful frogs and chameleons. Welcome to the forum!! What type of frog is the brown one with yellow spots?

Lisa

That is a female argus reed reed frog. Males are the green ones in the group.

Thank you all for the wonderful comments.

I love the pic of the leuc climbing and beautiful imitators.

I use gloves all the times..I have a couple WC that have not been treated for Chytrid and dont want to risk passing something along.

I read that post a while ago. SO far no problems on my ends btu hardly ever do I touch my darts at all

Hi and welcome,:D
what a fantastic collection of frogs and chams.
We have a colony of Hyperolius Puncticulatus.... and want some Argus...(Fuciventrus... Marmoratus even!), but being in the uk.... suppliers are limited.:mad:
Here are some pics of the little croakers! We definately need the ear plugs at night! :D

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 163
Oh, kearth, do both genders make noise? Occasionally we will hear our Red eye chirp or brak or croak..dont know technically whats its called.. not often..

My new froggies are to go out today (supposedly).. Ive got the quarantine tank ready!!

Q: How much do you sell your darts for? I see them range at the major pet store in nashville from 45 up to the hundreds...

Awesome pics! Welcome to the forums. i've just joined and have found people here most friendly and helpful!! i love your froggies (and you chams) What would the bare minimun size set up be for say 2 or 3 poison dart frogs? i'd love to have a few, but i'm pretty much out of room here. i've heard they are a lot of fun to watch!

I was always told 1 frog per 10 gallon. (Thats the petstore talking though..)

I have a lot of my breeding pairs in 15 gals. I would say go as big as you can but with a trio I would try for atleast a 20 gal. Most of mine use every inch of tank space provided.

Very nice Hyperolius Puncticulatus. Loud little buggers I just picked up some Pictus so I cam curious to see what they sound like.

the price depends on the frogs. Most range from the $45-$100 depending on the frog. A friend of mine picked up a pair of darts a couple months ago for $1200 for the pair :)

Blackbetty - if yours is chirping and based on the size I would say yours is a male.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom