tfortony

Hi everybody just got my first chameleon and I’m gonna need some guidance lol. Her name is flash I still call her barrry Allen because I named her before I knew it was a girl 😭😂. Anyway hi!

Attachments

• IMG_0765.jpeg
    IMG_0765.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi everybody just got my first chameleon and I’m gonna need some guidance lol. Her name is flash I still call her barrry Allen because I named her before I knew it was a girl 😭😂. Anyway hi!
lol this is exactly what happened to me when we named our first chameleon, who also turned out to be a girl.

Welcome! You've come to the right place. You are about to get loaded with a lot of information. Some of it may feel like criticism. Do not take it that way. Chameleons are very delicate creatures and require very specific care. I think you should take more pictures of your enclosure. Let us know exactly which lights you're using. Someone will respond shortly with an actual guide for you to answer specific questions. This will be extremely helpful!

Best of luck with your new chameleon :) She is beautiful. Please understand when you're given information on care....you cannot be lackadaisical, or avoid detail. I did this and my first chameleon died within weeks :( It was a very sad experience. I decided to dedicate more time to learning about how to care for them and now I have a chameleon who is doing amazing. He is thriving and is over a year old now. This is Spike!

20240616_081602.jpg

Thanks! Yeah my setup is very much off. At least that’s what the research I’ve been doing is telling me lol
Yeah it happens to most who get into keeping chameleons at first. It will be okay if you pay close attention to what you're told to change and you act fast. Take it seriously and your chameleon will do just fine! You may need to act quickly though. Especially if you have any fake plants (you'll want to remove those ASAP once you get real plants).

Congrats! 🎊🎉 I hope you have a great time with your cham. Welcome to the forum! Here are some links if you need help with husbandry: Chameleon Academy ~ YouTube~ Neptune The Chameleon ~ YouTube
Here are some links for food and supplies: Food ~ Food as well ~ Leap Supplies ~ Arcadia
And here is a link for some discounts: Neptune the Chameleon Discount

She is so beautiful 😍 I’ll leave it to the others to help you out just wanted to pop in and say welcome!
Thank you!!! I was gonna get a bearded dragon but I saw her and was like you’re coming with me! Neptune the chameleon is actually how I found this forum 🤣

Not sure of the names of the plants but these are all real and safe I just need a bigger terrarium now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 6
Yeah I’m trying to figure that part out. I want to do a hybrid enclosure but I’m not sure
If you’re in a drier climate I’d definitely recommend a hybrid enclosure, but if you’re in a state with a pretty high humidity % then a screen might be best so you don’t have to worry about dirty and stagnant air!

Not sure of the names of the plants but these are all real and safe I just need a bigger terrarium now
Hello there. Congratulations on the new baby..

Few things that I notice. You have water bow, don't need it. Chameleons will bring moving water or droplets on the leaves.
I have a dripper on the top of the enclousure. Just a bottle with a tinny whole. That I fill once a day, plus I mist 2 times a week. If u leave on a dry place a fogger at night is good.

Not sure if someone break the news, but your baby will lay eggs, and u need to be ready, otherwise she can be egg bound (not sure if is the name) what can result in death.

I suggest u got a 4x2x2 feet enclousure, and in the bottom u must have a bucket with play sand mixed with soil, so she can dig a whole and lay the eggs.. I think they are ready to lay eggs with around 6-8 months.

U will need a good uvb source, the linear long bulbs are ideal + a heat source for the basking area. Please pay attention on the temp and distance from basking area and heat I burned my one.

A mist system will help you. U have fancy options on that, with multiple settings, I just got a cheap one that I can programme for 60 seconds mist every 12 hrs, install 4 nozzles and is working fine, if needed I just spray few times a day. But normally on a hot day only 1 or 2 light spray extras is enough..

Check out Neptune the chameleon channel. You will learn a lot.
I will put picture of my enclousure, is a mesh enclousure but I cover left and back sides so water don't go everywhere.

Attachments

• 20240414_194509.jpg
    20240414_194509.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240411_172242.jpg
    20240411_172242.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240413_153409.jpg
    20240413_153409.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240418_165412.jpg
    20240418_165412.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 4
You can feed her well as a hatchling, but as she approaches sexual maturity, she needs to be put on the “diet” recommended here in order to prevent her from developing follicular stasis and/or dystocia.

It’s also important for her to get proper uvb and supplements, etc of course, to keep her healthy.

Hello there. Congratulations on the new baby..

Few things that I notice. You have water bow, don't need it. Chameleons will bring moving water or droplets on the leaves.
I have a dripper on the top of the enclousure. Just a bottle with a tinny whole. That I fill once a day, plus I mist 2 times a week. If u leave on a dry place a fogger at night is good.

Not sure if someone break the news, but your baby will lay eggs, and u need to be ready, otherwise she can be egg bound (not sure if is the name) what can result in death.

I suggest u got a 4x2x2 feet enclousure, and in the bottom u must have a bucket with play sand mixed with soil, so she can dig a whole and lay the eggs.. I think they are ready to lay eggs with around 6-8 months.

U will need a good uvb source, the linear long bulbs are ideal + a heat source for the basking area. Please pay attention on the temp and distance from basking area and heat I burned my one.

A mist system will help you. U have fancy options on that, with multiple settings, I just got a cheap one that I can programme for 60 seconds mist every 12 hrs, install 4 nozzles and is working fine, if needed I just spray few times a day. But normally on a hot day only 1 or 2 light spray extras is enough..

Check out Neptune the chameleon channel. You will learn a lot.
I will put picture of my enclousure, is a mesh enclousure but I cover left and back sides so water don't go everywhere.
What did you use to cover the back side? And how did you manage to hang your plants off the side without breaking anything?

So I’m basically going to return my entire setup I bought originally 🤣. And use that to buy the new setup. I’m noticing things in these few days I’ve had her. She doesn’t hate me anymore I guess she is used to me in her space now 🤷🏾

What did you use to cover the back side? And how did you manage to hang your plants off the side without breaking anything?
Hello.

I use polystyrene, I look on amazon for a exoterra background, the bigger one I find. Then I use silicon on the mesh and few little screws to fixed.

For fix the pot plants I use a system I saw at neptunian channel. I make 2 wholes on 1 pot plant, them use that zip ties to fix then. I passed the zip ties all way through the polystyrene and the mesh.. I also used the same way to fix on the branchs.

Will add some pics

If u get all u need will probably take u 3 days to put all together. U have a bit of time considering the size of your lady. So u dont need to rush. Make sure u get all to get it right on the first go.. so u dont piss the chameleon off too much.

After u have all set u will need to leave her alone for few weeks so she can settle

I got my lizzy on March and probably take her out of the enclousure 2 or 3 times max, including the time she have a trip to the vet.

Good luck on build a new home for her. You tube has great content on how to set up a nice enclousure.

Attachments

• 20240824_163008.jpg
    20240824_163008.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240824_163019.jpg
    20240824_163019.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom