Ok guys so here is my set up...any advice or comments are all appreciated..

vtecdreamer

Like the title says.... It may not seem much but i spent alot of money so far,lol and I have yet to purchase my ambilobe panther, so with out further or due I would like to share with every one my enclosure for my new cham and a cricket enclosure that I made as well. As for the cricket enclosure, I got the idea from a member here and I'm not sure what his user name is...but i would like to thank him for giving me the idea. So any advice or comments are gladly appreciated!!

I will start by showing you guys the cricket enclosure I made for my crickets... Things that I used for this project are as followed... glue gun,razor blade cutting knife, mesh from home depot (it was very cheap by the way) and a marker to make my lines on were i need to cut. My advice to whom ever is interested in pursuing this project is to use like a dermal tool or something that will cut the plastic very easy, because I had such a hard time cutting the plastic and some of the plastic was breaking off on me and flying every were,lol.
TATTOOS001.jpg

make them as followed, and make one that has mesh on the bottom, crickets are known to die really fast because of there poop, so by putting screen on the bottom it will go down through the mesh and into the other bin.
TATTOOS002.jpg

this is the finished product!
TATTOOS003.jpg

Now I will start with what I will be putting in the cage for my lil cham! I went to home depot and got a nice hibiscus plant.. and as soon as i got home i filled up a bucket and filled up with dial anti-bacterial soap and dumped the plant head first and rinsed it out couple of times.
TATTOOS004.jpg

I really don't feel like changing the soil that came with the plant so I went to Michaels craft store and got some nice rocks, this way my lil cham cant get to the dirt!
TATTOOS005.jpg

i got some more stuff for the cage, like things he can walk on and just to add a little more of a hiding spot.
TATTOOS007.jpg

Last but not least my set up for the cage... I drilled some holes on the bottom of the cage so that the water can fall into the plastic tupper ware.
also have the humidity gauge in there and I have a digital temperature gauge that I have yet to install.
For the lighting i am using a 18 inch UV reptisun,for basking i am using 50- or 60 watt??hmmm i know its one of them and i forget the brand, but i made sure to keep in mind not to get something powerful hence it will be a 3-4 month old cham. Also have "the little dripper" and will be misting 3-4 times a day as well. The cage is a 20x18x12 and when he gets bigger i will buy him a mansion,lol
TATTOOS006.jpg

well guys I think I did most of my home work,lol any advice or comments are gladly appreciated it. thanx and have a happy holidays!!! you guys kick ass!!!

where did you get that stand at? i need something like that to set my cage on so the water doesnt have to soak up a towl.

yayyy! lol i am anxious to get my cham so bad but i have to make sure the bills get paid first,lol
As for the stand I was in the same predicament and I was trying to find it every were. I found mines at target, and also saw the same at home depot. i believe it was like 30 or 40 bucks, which is not to bad.

That will be good for a baby-but you will quickly need another cage-which will work out well because by then you can get another baby cham to put in the old cage, and so the story goes...:)

that screen wont last, unless its metal mesh. i used similar non metal screen and they eat through it quick. also the fake branches you have look like the scented kind, you'll want to wash those with really hott water as many times as it takes to remove that scent, your cham will be drinking of them and thats a no no with scent

Wow that looks really good. We have a table that has individual tiles that you can take out and a shelf underneath. I have no idea where they came from but it employs the same concept that you have going on and honestly, it's proven quite handy. Ours happened by accident but good thinking on you part.

that screen wont last, unless its metal mesh. i used similar non metal screen and they eat through it quick. also the fake branches you have look like the scented kind, you'll want to wash those with really hott water as many times as it takes to remove that scent, your cham will be drinking of them and thats a no no with scent

thank you for the advice and will make sure to wash them... I will be monitoring the cage with the cham in it, so that I dont leave crickets in there that he will not eat, and i am aware that the crickets can bite through the mesh, i appreciate it.

hey sorry if my reply came off harsh, i was at work and writing it quick. but yeah i have tripple layered heavy duty mesh for my cricket enclosure and the biggest ones will get through it in a day, i have to go through two diy enclosures before i gave up on having mesh on the sides.

Nice projects :)

Good job of doing your homework before getting your cham. How big is your screen cage? You could probably fit one more real potted plant in it. A new juvie will appreciate extra foliage for hiding and feeling secure. When will you be getting your new cham? Take more pictures when it is all set up. Kudos to you :)

Good job of doing your homework before getting your cham. How big is your screen cage? You could probably fit one more real potted plant in it. A new juvie will appreciate extra foliage for hiding and feeling secure. When will you be getting your new cham? Take more pictures when it is all set up. Kudos to you :)

thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

so i wonder if you have gotten your chameleon?
i didn't check other threads for more info if you started one, just happened to stumble upon this and its interesting :)

everything is great and you should have one very happy cham!

so i wonder if you have gotten your chameleon?
i didn't check other threads for more info if you started one, just happened to stumble upon this and its interesting :)

everything is great and you should have one very happy cham!

i cant belive how long it has been since i last posted this.....i still dont have my chameleon yet,i just move back to ny and in the middle of searching for an apartment and what not.soon as im situated i will finally buy my cam!

OMG! :eek: Talk about planning ahead. Have you had this set up for the past year and a half with no cham? Hopefully you get one soon, you have a better setup then some people who already have chams. Is that plant still alive?

Back
Top Bottom