Oorana Mena or Nosy Mitsio

If you could own just one locale, which of the two would it be?

• Total voters
Although they are cool for being another variant, I'm still not a big fan of the Nosy Mitsio-types. I think with the panthers I will always prefer males with blue because it's such a beautiful color on them and because that color is rather rare in the wild. I agree with Poh that the Nosy Faly-types (O.M.) look a lot like the blue animals from Nosy Be. Makes me wonder if there are also green animals on that northern Nosy Faly!

I'm a big fan of the colours that are displayed on the nosy mitsio. The oorana mena don't seem to have as nice a colour variation in my opinion, but hey they are both gorgeous animals!

I know people are going to have tons of opinion after what I am going to write on this thread:

Oorona Mena to me looks like a Nosy Be!

http://www.chameleoncompany.com/images/nosybe.005.jpg
http://www.screameleons.com/site/3690/default.aspx

Nosy Mitsio has more individual characteristic!!

So I would go with Nosy Mitsio:D

you have a Oorona dont you? mine does not look like a Nosy other then they are both panthers and the Ooronas have blue barring that is the same color as a nice looking Nosys body color. I have both Ooranas and Mitsio and would pick the Oorena :)

I have both and the Mitsio are a solid color of yellow with red eyes also hints of red on the legs they are what I consider a sold color chameleon like the pinks. The Nosy Faly (Oorana Mena) are blue with white and red tear drop markings also yellow mouth with a greenish blue head when fired up not a solid color chameleon at all. I cant choose they are both beautiful with different color scheams sold and mixed.

I hear what Poh is saying for example.....Here is a chameleon that we got in from a Nosy Be' Shipment a few weeks back....

NFWeb.jpg

They are similar looking to the Nosy Faly's and when this male really gets fired up the body gets really white blue. Except it also gets red eyes.

I like Nosy Mitsio. I like how they can change from a lemon color to a lime color. I own one And at night his yellows are so vibrant i am amazed to see it.

I already have my next 2 cham locals picked out. Im gonna get an Ambilobe female and a Nosy Mitsio male. Although the oorena menas are amazing, after seeing Dean Pulcini's badass mitsio, im gonna track down one of those guys.

No I sold them all in Its just fast is never fast enough when they start getting big. I don't have 40 extra cages not to mention cages for the chameleons that I already have. I was just letting him know he had plenty of opportunity to get one.

Last edited:
Well Guys, for me I'm partial to the Nosy Faly A.K.A OOrana Mena...:D

& it's not because I have a pair... :cool:

I think the jury's still out on this one... We've yet to see all of the color variations of this morph..

I've seen everything from powder blue, to green to scarlet background with solid blue bars...

I really, really love the Nosy Mitsio locale, the reason being... the vibrant green that some of them show is just gorgeous. If I ever breed chameleons, it will probably only be Sambava or Nosy Mitsio because I will breed for bright/dark green only. Although Joe Farah's ambanja male is also deep green and beautiful, but I would think it would be hard to find an unrelated female with parentage of that color. And Walter won't be green, but he's my first chameleon and I love him anyway.

*edit* Well, it seems that green oorena menas exist. Does anyone have a picture?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom