Oorana Mena or Nosy Mitsio

If you could own just one locale, which of the two would it be?

• Total voters
Hey, that is cool. Green bars. Do any of the nosy falys have deeper hues? They all look kind of pastel-ish.
I had no idea, but that same breeder has pictures of chameleons from reunion island that are the perfect color. I had no idea that there was a french-claimed island to the east of madagascar, do they allow the export of chameleons?
Oh man, that person's nosy mitsios are so awesome!! I can already feel that I need to save about $1500. I'm going to buy 3 green nosy mitsios. I think it'll only take me a few months, probably just 2. Haha, I've got the fever.

I would prefer the Nosy Mitsio because the Oorana Mena's almost look like the Nosy Be's. I think that if u crossed a Nosy Be with an Ankaramy u would probably get something similar to the Oorana Mena. After all the Mena's are a morph.

I have never seen a green one in the US where do you live?

Hey Pam,

I Live in Northern California...

The link I attached shows a Nosy Faly posted last year by a breeder in Holland. It seems that our European counterparts got a jump on this locale early last year...

I'm sure that in the months to come, & as the first round of hatchlings in the U.S. start to mature we will begin to see more color & pattern variation...

I think the Oorana Mena has gorgeous colors. I also like how there is coloration differentiation right by the eye and that the eye is bright with red dots in it. At least that Oorana gets my vote!

Nosy Faly, for sure. I think the Nosy Mitsio is beautiful, don't get me wrong. But there is just something about the Falys (Oorna Mena) that I find so amazing. I may have a baby Faly one of these days!

Just for kicks here's one of our breeders Nosy Be's that came in a shipment of Nosy Be's this year. You can see where his legs was resting on his side and sometimes he turns really white. Some would say he looks like a Nosy Faly. The islands are very close.

DunlapNosyBeBreeder2.jpg

I think both of them are awesome locales!
If it was up to me and I had enough room, then I'd have a breeding pair of both.
Im my opinion, Poh and Mike are right.
Nosy Be and Nosy Faly can look very similar.
It really boils down to the hand picked animals of the locale.
Each locale is going to have the "model" specimen.
Even that can be boiled down to personal opinion.
Tyler's Sambava Loki, I love Josh's Ambilobe Mr. Lemiuex, Todnedo's Ambanja, Screameleons Nosy Faly Slash, good luck finding a true blue Nosy Be, etc.
How many people in the States have Falys like Screameleons or Pam?
Even Screameleons is selling off their lower end Falys, and both of them could have passed for Nosy's.

My vote went to Nosy Mitsio.

Well...i think the nosy faly is really beutiful, i dont think they look like MOST nosy be's cause when you, or i, think of a nosy be i think of just blue, and the white stripe,not the red dots,white bars and yellow and red speced eyes, i like the faly:D

Mafanas everytime,im not convinced on the nosy faly locale,to me they look like classic wild nosy be's
Has anyone been over to madagascar to check this locale out? there is not much info out there about these.

If you had a N faly you wouldn't think they were ugly. And all panthers are expensive some more then others. Everything is beautiful in its own way.

Back
Top Bottom