Parsons

hep20

Hiya,

Does anyone have any experience of or opinions on keeping parsons? I know they can't be imported and are hard to come by because they are hard to breed but if anyone has kept them I'd love to hear your opinions.

a parsons is a rewarding addition to the most dedicated keepers in my opinion. not only are they out the roof expensive and hard to obtain, but also need very accurate care and devotion. parson's are a prize to the most dedicated hobbiest imho

a parsons is a rewarding addition to the most dedicated keepers in my opinion. not only are they out the roof expensive and hard to obtain, but also need very accurate care and devotion. parson's are a prize to the most dedicated hobbiest imho

Agree with your opinion 100%

Hiya,

Does anyone have any experience of or opinions on keeping parsons? I know they can't be imported and are hard to come by because they are hard to breed but if anyone has kept them I'd love to hear your opinions.

When kept under optimum conditions they are a spectacular species and are a treasure to work with. However they require more husbandry resources than 90% of the chameleons out in the market and if conditions are not favorable they are extremely sensitive to the point they're health can go down hill remarkably fast. I recommend them to keepers that are experienced and confident plus have got extra space plus a wealth of resources to take care of these spectacular giants.

When looking to purchase it is extremely important to only buy animals that are documented as captive bred animals and with CITES paperwork. Buying wild caught animals is counter productive to the conservation of this species any where you find them for sale in the world. Imports from Madagascar going to Europe and Asia ideally are farm bred animals from farms in Madagascar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom