PayPal Warning!!!

I get to use this service next month with Lance Chams, yikes! I totally trust him, but is there anything that can go wrong on the receiving end with this system? Such as, is it known for Paypal to "misplace" my money or anything?

I have heard that Paypal can have some really sketchy problems at times.
I have used Paypal a LOT, and have never had these problems.
I have accidentally sent $800.00 to NOWHERE at all, and it was actually fairly easy to get it corrected. I wouldnt be to worried about it if you are just doing a simple transaction.

talk about bad karma..... Its a costly hobby (lifestyle) and if you cant afford it then buy a ant farm... ;) Glad it turned in you're favor though. Hate thinking more people would be ruining it for others.

Just a thought, I used to buy and sell alot of parts for cars (I raced em) and the site we used had buyer/seller points. and comments, be a cool addition and make alot feel at ease ;) JAT

I have heard that Paypal can have some really sketchy problems at times.
I have used Paypal a LOT, and have never had these problems.
I have accidentally sent $800.00 to NOWHERE at all, and it was actually fairly easy to get it corrected. I wouldnt be to worried about it if you are just doing a simple transaction.

Wonderful! I am new to it, I just registered. So of course seeing this on here made me go EEEK! Thanks for clearing that up, I feel better now!

I'd just like to point out that the problem was not with Paypal. Paypal responded well and resolved the situation correctly. They can only work with the information the are given. When the buyer complained the froze the transaction until they were shown that the seller was not at fault, then they paid the seller. That's the right way to deal with a problem.

I'd just like to point out that the problem was not with Paypal. Paypal responded well and resolved the situation correctly. They can only work with the information the are given. When the buyer complained the froze the transaction until they were shown that the seller was not at fault, then they paid the seller. That's the right way to deal with a problem.

Very well said!

That happened to us last year with 2 very high quality crested geckos, we didnt require signatures, and it turned into a lawsuit. In the end, thank god my cousin is a lawyer, we won the battle he was forced to return the 2 geckos, which he aparently left at his parents house, and he also had to compensate us. I have no sympathy to people to who lie and manipulate at the cost of people who work hard for something they are pationate about, cause lets face it, making a living breeding reptiles is hard

EDIT: paypal customer service can be really stupid at times. I heard of a person who sold someone a violin, and the person who got it said it was a fake, so paypal said to destroy the fake and take photos of it, and he would be recompensated. Ive heard of alot of stories of their stupidity at times

OMG, seriously a law suit? You went through a terrible ordeal, much worse than I. I was just upset my funds were on hold for so long and someone had tried to say they didn't receive the animals, when they clearly had. Not to mention they waited 2 weeks to file a claim and had never once contacted me, with exception of telling me the animals arrived and looked excellent. I am happy things worked in your favor and mine for that matter. I am very happy I didn't have to deal with a law suit.

Back
Top Bottom