Pics of panther hybrids anyone????

Cross-local breeding is going to happen, even if the purists would rather it did not. Those who want to keep pure locals can do so, and those who like crosses can have them. Its not mutally exclusive - both are entirely possible and both are currently happening. Get over it. And dont forget that many of the "pure" breeds in captivity do not totally match the original locals; humans have breed those that appeal to them the most (NoseBe being all blue isnt all that common in the wild), not according to what is natural.

Gimlie is a cross of mostly NoseBe with a little Ambilobe.
I have purposefully bred him with a pure Ambilobe, and so far the offspring look great. I also breed pure Nose Be and pure Ambilobe.

Gimlie:
View attachment 29903 View attachment 29904

full

This guy looks just like Fierce, Fierce and this guy have that Nosy Be barring. Very good looking male by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hybrids are AWESOME!!!

Here is a Kammer Kreation - Archimedes- Sire is Holman - and here is his mix:
37.50% Ambilobe X 32.815% Ambanja x 15.625% Nosy Be x 6.25% Sambava x 4.685% Tamatave x 3.125% Maroantsetra

ArchimedesandCercesoutside8-20-11048a.jpg

ArchimedesandCercesoutside8-20-11045.jpg

color

These animals are great in their own right, not sure what would drive you guys to cross breed them when they don't do so in nature, let not play mother nature! Keep the locals pure

You get different color, Somthing off the norm !!!

I really find it annoying when some people are completely against breeding different locales, how the hell do you think they got they're specific colors? Its called evolution... One locale breeds with another and 100s of years down the road there's a new color morph that is present in all of the chameleon population and they're in a certain region so that's their name. The chams didn't pic the region of Ambanja and say "yeah this is a good place to chill, all us this colored ones stay here, everybody else leave"

I agree I see nosy-be as well.

I know, which is funny because I originally wanted a Nosy be with a lot of red on the face and I get this guy instead. Seems to have worked out anyway! I have no doubts he is what I've been told he is though, I trust the breeder. Not that I care, at this point lol

I'm on an iPad so I can't post a picture of my ambilobe x nosy be "Calais" but you can check out my posts, pretty much all the threads started by me have his picture lol I like showing him off.

Back
Top Bottom