Pictures of Calais

So we went to our appointment, she said his tail actually doesn't look too bad and it seems to have stopped spreading. We are keeping him on the cipro and adding metro and silvadene cream.

I hate to sound like I'm always defending the vets but you wouldn't want her to take off more than was necessary. After all the tail does help with balance. I don't believe that it is her fault that a pot squished your lizards tail and she tried her best with surgery and now it's not healing as well as you or her would like. Reptiles can take an exceptionally long time to heal. They are much slower than mammals. It is a good idea to get your buddy looked at again and it may be necessary to do an additional surgery. I doubt an antibiotic injection at the site would really do much if the blood flow is decreased which I would highly suspect but that is her call to make. The face definitely seems as though it may be mouth rot. I really hope that you and your veterinarian can work together to make Calais feel better. Good luck with treatments it's not fun but it's the best chance you guys have.

I hate to sound like I'm always defending the vets but you wouldn't want her to take off more than was necessary. After all the tail does help with balance. I don't believe that it is her fault that a pot squished your lizards tail and she tried her best with surgery and now it's not healing as well as you or her would like. Reptiles can take an exceptionally long time to heal. They are much slower than mammals. It is a good idea to get your buddy looked at again and it may be necessary to do an additional surgery. I doubt an antibiotic injection at the site would really do much if the blood flow is decreased which I would highly suspect but that is her call to make. The face definitely seems as though it may be mouth rot. I really hope that you and your veterinarian can work together to make Calais feel better. Good luck with treatments it's not fun but it's the best chance you guys have.

We already have, as stated in the posts above. He is on a second antibiotic and silvadene cream. His face is not mouth rot, I asked just in case, it is probably from him dive bombing before( he likes to do that :rolleyes:). The only reason I say she should not charge if she was to do another surgery is because dr. Alfonzo didn't because it was his decision how much to take off just as it was hers. I saw the tail after the amputation and there was still some unhealthy looking tissue. She only cut it off at the break but the rot was a bit past it. She says he looks fine though and that this new schedule should work. I just hope the Metronidazol isn't too much for him, he seems a bit less peppy today.

Back
Top Bottom