Pink/Red Jackson Urate

Hadeesh

So I noticed yesterday that my Jacksons urate had a pink tinge to it. I tried doing some research on it but nothing really came up.

Now today it is a little worse, so I have come to you guys for a little insight. He also hasn't been eating as much.

Attachments

• 20140314_123135.jpg
    20140314_123135.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 163
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Jacksons, Male, 6 months. In my care two weeks.
Handling - Practically never.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Six or eight Crickets, @8-11am. Gutloaded crickets with flukers calcium diet and mustard greens
Supplements - Zoo med Calcium Everday, Zoo med Multivitamin twice a month, Flukers Calcium d3 twice a month.
Watering - Spray bottle and drip system, Three or four times a day, 20 seconds. I see him drinking.
Fecal Description - White urates, normal balls of poop.
History - N/A

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 1/2 Inch PVC coated wire cage, 44x18x24
Lighting - Reptile Vision UV light 13w, Zoo med Infrared 100w Basking Bulb, Zoo med 100w Intense Basking bulb (when needed),Zoo med double light fixture, generic lamp for uv bulb.
Temperature - Basking Spot 80-87 Floor 70-75 Daytime, 60-65 Nightime. Two seperate thermometers.
Humidity - 50%-80%, Depends on when I mist. Between mists 50%-60%. Drip system and misting.
Plants - All fake.
Placement - My room, the top of the cage is 60 inches above the ground.
Location - Washington, USA.

Usually this is a sign of dehydration. Jackson's need a lot of water and can take a long time to start drinking. 20 seconds isn't enough. At least once a day, try to give him a 5 minute warm misting. That will give him time to clean his eyes and drink. He may just not like the dripper. Some chams are quirky like that.

I mean, I see him drink quiet often. And as soon as I turn the dripper on he goes right for it. Also, I forgot to update that a bit, I actually spray him for around a minute. But I will try the warm water, right now its justroom temperature.

It looks okay to me. Lots of white showing. Your just seeing the extra gel like fluid that helps the poop slip out of the chute. And it can be tinted by the various waste items.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom