Poop question

Delef3

Hey everyone,

Haven’t posted in a while. Been watching our still unnamed (!) Cham grow and change. It’s been going very well. He’s about 8 months now and he’s definitely starting to become a little man.
Anyway, lately he has not been pooping every single day, but every other. Today is day two without a poop and it’s not what I’m used to with chameleons. I figured I ask if this always denotes a problem like an impaction, etc. or could it just be a little “constipation” so to speak. I’ve posted all my detailed husbandry in the past. His food has been mostly bsfs (larva and flies), small juvie dubies, silkies, and although not continuously, crickets. I k ow he’s eaten a few crickets in the past that were a little big, but he devoured them with no problem and pooped normally the day after.
Yesterday I noticed that his cloaca was very slightly opened when he was roaming around and there was a little redness around the inside. I also caught him climbing on the screen of the door panel today, which he hasnt done since we first got him.
Any insight or advice is appreciated. Not worried at this point, but want to be proactive.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_9534.jpeg
    IMG_9534.jpeg
    350.5 KB · Views: 9
If you have moved away from every day feeding or if your really only feeding BSFL and the flies then they will not pass as much fecal. As long as he is still passing fecal every few days there is no concern. When they mature and they are on a far reduced food intake then it can be normal to only pass fecal once a week.

Back
Top Bottom