Quad vs. Double light fixture

KLowery88

Avid Member
I've read great things about the Arcadia bulbs and fixtures from Lightyourreptiles.com, so I've been doing research in preparation for upgrading. I was first looking at the 24" double fixture that has a 12% and 6.5k daylight bulb, but the four bulb fixture caught my eye.

Is there any benefit to using the quad fixture? I'm assuming any plants in the cage will love it, but is there any benefit to a chameleon? Does anyone have it and recommend it?

I've read great things about the Arcadia bulbs and fixtures from Lightyourreptiles.com, so I've been doing research in preparation for upgrading. I was first looking at the 24" double fixture that has a 12% and 6.5k daylight bulb, but the four bulb fixture caught my eye.

Is there any benefit to using the quad fixture? I'm assuming any plants in the cage will love it, but is there any benefit to a chameleon? Does anyone have it and recommend it?

I use four bulb fixtures. Reason being exactly what you stated....for the plants. I heavily plant my enclosures and I like a definitive planted bottom in all of them, so I like higher amounts of light to achieve this. I really don't think there is any added benefit to the chameleon per se, other than the fact that you can really make the enclosures have a more natural feel. IMO

I have the quad fixture as well, also mostly for the plants (which are doing great under it by the way). When the lights are coming on first thing in the morning and starting to shut down in the evening I do think it looks a bit too dim with only two bulbs on.

I also use the quad fixture. Main benefit is for plants, but also I have the blue LEDs come on first and go out last to mimic dusk and dawn. I don't know if it helps my chameleon, but I think it provides a bit more of a "natural" feel. The Arcadia bulbs for UVB are fantastic, and the added plant bulbs help the plants and brighten the enclosure. I like the fact that there are 3 cords to put timers on two sets of two linear bulbs and for the LED's.

12% may be too intense, check with Todd at Light Your Reptiles before ordering.

CHEERS!

Nick

I run the Arcadia 6% as well as the Arcadia Grow T5 HO's. I have been beyond impressed with the light output using a dual 48" fixture. The light does penetrate really well and i noticed a positive change in my female O'shaughnessy within 48 hours of use.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I have a nice size Schefflera that will go into his new cage so I'd like it to stay healthy. Probably going to go with the quad fixture. I'll definitely ask about 6% vs 12%, but I've seen people on here say they like the 12% and their chameleons do fine. I would make sure he has plenty of places to get out of the UV light of course.

Back
Top Bottom