question about dead chams

I've been reading your old threads you're bringing up. You're right they are interesting, thanks!

Kind of on topic I can't believe nobody has mentioned dermestid beetles. I always get them with my crickets and just wind up offing them because I have no use for them but have been thinking about setting up bin for them. Just throw all your dead feeders in there and maybe the occasional piece of extra meat. They will breed like cray and strip all the meat off of a dead animal pretty quick. If you want to have clean bones and don't want to wait for decomposition this would be the way to go.

I've been reading your old threads you're bringing up. You're right they are interesting, thanks!

Kind of on topic I can't believe nobody has mentioned dermestid beetles. I always get them with my crickets and just wind up offing them because I have no use for them but have been thinking about setting up bin for them. Just throw all your dead feeders in there and maybe the occasional piece of extra meat. They will breed like cray and strip all the meat off of a dead animal pretty quick. If you want to have clean bones and don't want to wait for decomposition this would be the way to go.

Like that dirty jobs episode. Lol

Back
Top Bottom