Rare locales?

While not Quite as high contrast as the specimen shown above, there is a photo of a chameleon from Maroantsetra, which is several miles West of where Masoala is. This is a swampy region on the inlet that forms the peninsula that masoala is located on.

my.php

yamanu6ax5.jpg

It is likely that the chameleon above in resting colours shows a less monochromatic colouration. Here is the same chameleon as above:

Yamanu4.jpg

This chameleon now belongs to Ken, (Kosmon) who is a member of th eforum.

That's an excellent chameleon as well. The Maroansetras are available in a few places in the US aren't they? Or are they?

Masoala is a supposition. We had in France a lot of "Tamatave" who came with a lot of white and no green, like this one, so we made an investigation in found out with people from Madagascar, that you can find in Masoala, chameleons which are looking like that.
So, it's not a certitude, but this peninsule between Tamatave ( all red animals ) and Nosy Bohara ( almost white/grey ) seems to match pretty fine. And you can find on the island of nosy bohara some white/red chams...

I show you some others :

image.php

image.php

They are 2 different animals, both WC, one came in 2000 the other one in 2002.

In 1 weeks time i will own a breeding pair of these, spending nearly a grand to get them but well worth it, Ill be the only person in the UK to own them!!!!:D

In 1 weeks time i will own a breeding pair of these, spending nearly a grand to get them but well worth it, Ill be the only person in the UK to own them!!!!:D

WOW!!! Check you out!!! Thats FAB!! :cool:

Make sure you post plenty pics!!!!

While not Quite as high contrast as the specimen shown above, there is a photo of a chameleon from Maroantsetra, which is several miles West of where Masoala is. This is a swampy region on the inlet that forms the peninsula that masoala is located on.

my.php

yamanu6ax5.jpg

It is likely that the chameleon above in resting colours shows a less monochromatic colouration. Here is the same chameleon as above:

Yamanu4.jpg

This chameleon now belongs to Ken, (Kosmon) who is a member of th eforum.

who in canada can I contact for one of these guys?

Ive been offered CB pairs of this locale, Nosy Boraha, and Ambatos but if its anything like trying to sell cool Bradypodion there is no sense in me importing them. Id just be stuck with a bunch of dumb paradalis:rolleyes:

Ive been offered CB pairs of this locale, Nosy Boraha, and Ambatos but if its anything like trying to sell cool Bradypodion there is no sense in me importing them. Id just be stuck with a bunch of dumb paradalis:rolleyes:

youd sell a few of em jared, does this meen ya not goin get em now?

At first I thought I might move stateside where you can have all these animals, now Im thinking I may just Migrate To Madagascar and be done with it!
That is a stunning animal, Imagine that White with blue instead of red, Dream Cham!
Very nice indeed! :)

I doubt you will have an issue selling them Jared. They would probably sell for much more than even high priced falys. Lots of people want them, but there aren't really any in the states.

Im working on trying to get some St. Marie/Nosy Boraha imported. If not Boraha then Nosy Radama, hoping they dont have same issues Ankaramy have in captivity. Boraha may be too risky not sure if I want to end up with drab gray animals that will not sell.

I think the main misconception here is that all the animals from these locales will look the same. I've seen my fair share of Nosy Borah pictures (in the wild and in europe) and honestly the majority of them probably wouldn't sell. There were a lot that are jut grey with a touch of red. Who knows...

Chris

Back
Top Bottom