Refusing to eat!

EVEJ88

I know a lot of chameleons refuse to eat because they get bored of their food. Well, Chucky (one year old male) has always had a good appetite until recently. His tempetures are correct. He doesn’t like crickets, hornworms, Dubai roaches, superworms, and silkworms. I gave him 4 small mealworms and he ate them. I haven’t given him any more mealworms because I’m afraid they will affect him. I gave him a tiny piece of orange and he ate it. Now, I’m out of options on what to offer him. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 56164817-D2E4-4255-9607-67C09F6A106D.jpeg
    56164817-D2E4-4255-9607-67C09F6A106D.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 105
You can try a thin slice of apple or pear or melon and some greens and veggies such as sweet potato, sweet red pepper, squash, zucchini, dandelion greens, carrot slivers, endive, escarole, etc.

How long has he been refusing to eat? Sometimes chameleons go on a hunger strike. Have you tried bsfl larvae or bsfl flies?

You can try a thin slice of apple or pear or melon and some greens and veggies such as sweet potato, sweet red pepper, squash, zucchini, dandelion greens, carrot slivers, endive, escarole, etc.[/QUOTE
I will try that!

How long has he been refusing to eat? Sometimes chameleons go on a hunger strike. Have you tried bsfl larvae or bsfl flies?
Last time he ate was Monday. He ate the 4 small mealworms. I’m afraid that wasn’t enough.
I did offer him Phoenix worms, but he didn’t eat them.

Last time he ate was Monday. He ate the 4 small mealworms. I’m afraid that wasn’t enough.
I did offer him Phoenix worms, but he didn’t eat them.
Ok, I'd watch him, then take him to the vet if he starts looking really bad and he doesn't eat.

Back
Top Bottom