ReptiBreeze Screen Tank

joeandsoph

Established Member
Does anybody have a ReptiBreeze screen cage. I am in the UK and this is pretty much the only screen cage I can get hold of. The only other option is wood, with glass doors and I'm concerned about the ventilation etc.

Thanks!

Wow thanks! They look great. I'll contact them.

Still though if anyone has any views on the ReptiBreeze...

Yes I have one right now that I bought last month. On contrary to much review, I think its a pretty nice cage. No rust, no corrosion, I bring carry this cage outside most of the week and carry it back in at night. Though the door latches are pretty frail but over all a pretty good cage so far. To be fair though, I haven't tried any other cage so I guess I don't know what I'm missing =D

Thanks for your input. I'm hearing thats it's not a bad cage, so there one to look at. It's just sizing now I need to be certain on.

I bought several of those cages about a month ago. I am keeping them outside and they are already developing rust.

I have one and have been pleased with it so far (lets in much more light than the Reptarium). BUT - I haven't had it outside and have only had it a month, so have no direct experience with rust resistance or lack thereof. Mine is really a quarantine and moving cage, and not intended as a permanent habitat.

I think the Terry Hatcher cages are rather on the expensive side! I looked into these a while ago before Reptibreeze cages came onto the market. On the other hand, I think Terry Hatcher can make them to your requirements too. Also consider the ambient humidity in your house too - you may end up having to cover two or more sides to maintain humidity levels and contain misting water! That's one thing that puts me off screen cages is the chance of soggy floors and walls, lol!:D

Yes, don't buy them. I have some that are 1 yr old and rusted out horribly bad. I even called about them, and was told they are a new design and do not rust. That must have been an incorrect statment because even the 3 month old cages are rusting now. They are total junk and I wasted money! I am going to try to refurbish them and hopefully they will be better. So I say, Build your own screen cage if they are not available. It is simple and cheap and you can buy nice screen for an inexpensive price.

I added some pics of an enclosure that is almost 1 yr. old, it is outside 2 - 3 months a year, and inside the remaining time.
The screen and hindges are rusted and I have older cages that have sat empty for a year or more and are totally rusted out.

Attachments

• rustycage.jpg
    rustycage.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 250
  • rustycage1.jpg
    rustycage1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Wow, that's isn't very good. Well I was thinkin I'd coat it with something so it didn't rust but I dunno.

Whatever I buy, I'm going to have to modify in some way I think.

Maybe we'll just have a go at making our own, but I don't think it'll turn out very good. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Wow, that's isn't very good. Well I was thinkin I'd coat it with something so it didn't rust but I dunno.

Whatever I buy, I'm going to have to modify in some way I think.

Maybe we'll just have a go at making our own, but I don't think it'll turn out very good. I have no idea what I'm doing.

Yes, it certainly will need an upgrade. You can very easily upgrade the hindges and coat the screen. That will help the rust issue quite a bit, just whatever you use just make sure it is safe.

To be honest I think I'm going to buy a wooden tank. I'm going to take part of the sides out and add mesh to it. I'll ask for my dad's help. He's great at stuff like this. I'm thinking about taking part of the top away to like Tiff said but I may just have the lights on the inside with some cages around them.

Still thinking about that.

Have you thought about an Aluminum Screen Cage from LLL Reptile or a stainless steel cage from DIYcages.com?

I believe both vendors will ship internationally and the cost shouldn't be prohibitively expensive.

I highly recommend DIYcages as they are stainless steel and if you're having issues of rust, then it would be a worthy investment.

In the German chameleon forum we have a similar thread in which people describe that their reptibreeze enclosures start to rust very fast.

Does anybody have a ReptiBreeze screen cage. I am in the UK and this is pretty much the only screen cage I can get hold of. The only other option is wood, with glass doors and I'm concerned about the ventilation etc.

Thanks!

I have wood with glass doors but my top and bottom half is made of mesh and I have my lights inside too with a cage (no, he has never ever burnt himself)
I really do think that is the best answer for the UK weather.
I've had a few problems in winter keeping the humidity up so imagine what an all screen cage is like!

LLL reptile's cages are excellent! Zero rust and very sturdy.

Although LLL do ship to the UK, it ends up costing loads for the shipping especially if you only want one cage! I seem to remember someone on another UK forum ordered in bulk from LLL after a few people clubbed toegether to justifiy the cost of shipping internationally.

I bought my screen cage with my cham from Kammerflage Creations in CA and I LOVE the cage. All the metal is made of aluminum and will not rust. Mine is a 36 x 30 x 18. The bottom is made out of some type of wood that seems to repel the water. They also go under the name Chameleons Only. I dont know the actual name of the cage because I just looked at my invoice and there is not a brand name on it.

Back
Top Bottom