Rick Grimes homemade enclosure

Hey there, so I've been building this for awhile now, totally hand made, not done yet though. Still need some more decor and live plants, but I'm getting there. Plus rick is too small for it anyways at the moment. Any input is appreciated thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 20160306_184914.jpg
    20160306_184914.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 20160306_184935.jpg
    20160306_184935.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 150
That's actually just pine and plywood, I stained and put 4 coats of polyurethane on it, I also put 4 coats of polyurethane on the surrounding walls, and sealed it all with aquarium sealant. The top screen is aluminum screen to deal with the heat, and the doors is pet screening.

Simple is usually best. I am planing to build a similar enclosure this summer so my cham can hang out outside.

Store bought cages are just not that great. I like a nice sturdy cage that can support stuff like climbing wood and all that.

If i were you i would build a drainage system for the bottom while you can ! I have a lot of problems with misting water building up and making a huge mess in my enclosures and on their stands, its as simple as putting a container at the bottom, them building a floor to go above that container and drilling some holes in the floor so all extra water will drip into the container and you can simply dump it out :) looks great by the way! Plenty of room !

Back
Top Bottom