sharing my little parsoni

But you probably haven't read the threads when he defended a guy from Germany with lots of rare Furcifer/Calumma species when all others ask him where he gets them from and that they can't be CB. (they were really CB ones)
And btw: This guy from Germany wasn't a senior member...:rolleyes:

I really dont care who the guys defended in the past I was just telling him to lay off the guy a bit. He was a brand new member with only a few posts and he's already quizing him on where he got his banned sp from? Why not welcome the new member like we all should and then we can get some history on his collection? ;)

Good to know

Thats not nice so its the asian countries that are playing a major role in dooming these wonderful animals to extinction.

Thats not nice so its the asian countries that are playing a major role in dooming these wonderful animals to extinction.

They most pressing issue to stop chameleons heading toward the road to extinction is habitat loss. Everyone who is in or a fan of the hobby should be giving back toward wild land conservation in Madagascar that is the first major issue. As far as exported chameleons ideally all the imports should be coming from farm bred and raised animals from Madagascar reptile farms and not wild collected animals (even then some of these farms have got terrible reputations). Improvements to these and legitimizing these farms would be ideal. Wild collecting that happens for all species that are in the hobby (not just Madagascar Chameleons) should be done as minimally as possible.

Last edited:
Socio economic factors and the loss of native habitiat are far larger issues to worry about concerning all the sp. of chameleons in madagascar not just the parsonni. Even if that is an "illegal" parsons. Its not going to be shipped back to its native country. At the very least it ended up with someone who seems to care for the animal and he obviously shows he's trying to learn more by frequenting boards like this one.

They are technically legal in Europe and in Asia. In Europe it is to the best of my knowledge frowned upon to buy wild caught animals instead of captive bred while to the best of my knowledge that distinction is not made in Asia. To justify exporting these animals Europe and Asia should keep working with and have a hand in conserving Madagascar's Wild Lands and stabilizing the political problems if the opportunity presents itself.

totaly agree with that...thinking the same about your globifer too,

good luck with them=)

Why do you think it is WC? because of it has some scratches?
I have seen many captive hatch have this because they have been kept in the same enclosure.

Why do you think it is WC? because of it has some scratches?
I have seen many captive hatch have this because they have been kept in the same enclosure.

Normally that is the sign of an animal that has been brought in from the wild. See it all the time with panther chameleons, quadricornis and others, as true captive bred animal come in almost perfect and scratches on the top, sides, and legs normally is an indicator of a wild caught animal. I could be wrong except it looks wild caught.

Last edited:
I thought it was hard to breed parsons? And how big are the clutches?

Those questions are normally not answered by the breeders ;)
About the scratches: I have raised till today over hundret Trioceros/Bradypodion/Rhampholeon juveniles or buyed other juvenile chameleons which were real CB ones. And none of them got those typical WC scratches

Wow ! I just post a picture to share and didn't know it turn out to be so a hot
topic.Ok, i will post my another baby Parson in new thread without scrathes,so it means it CB.:eek::D

one more picture.

Attachments

• OG-DRINK.jpg
    OG-DRINK.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 186
If you arent envious of the guys animals then why do you keep berating the guys chams. :rolleyes: I knew when i posted that what the response would be. :rolleyes: Easy to say you arent envious. :rolleyes:

If you arent envious of the guys animals then why do you keep berating the guys chams. :rolleyes: I knew when i posted that what the response would be. :rolleyes: Easy to say you arent envious. :rolleyes:

My last post in this thread: Please show me the sentence where I berated that guy. All I have said is that the animals are WC and not CB. Believe me that I have no reason to be envy because somebody has some WC parsonii juveniles.

Back
Top Bottom