Shedding

joeandsoph

Established Member
Yay Tilly has almost shed again. Was starting to wonder if that was it!! She hadn't shed for ages. So she's in a good old grump. She looked like santa claus the other day she has a little white beard haha was so funny.

Isn't Tilly around the same age as Amy? She is now 8 months old and has just shed again in the last couple of weeks. The last time was 3 months ago! As an adult Lily shed every 3 months too.

This might be a silly question but why do they shed? Are they outgrowing their skin? My veils just shed the other day and they do look so silly. Its kinda strange but one seems to shed right after the other one,

My panther is 7 months and has shed on the same day every month like clockwork. I also enjoy watching him shed. Do your chameleons eat the shed??

My panther is 7 months and has shed on the same day every month like clockwork. I also enjoy watching him shed. Do your chameleons eat the shed??

I have a male panther and I have never seen him eat the shed. That doesn't sound good, maybe the more experienced keepers can shed some light on this.

This might be a silly question but why do they shed? Are they outgrowing their skin? My veils just shed the other day and they do look so silly. Its kinda strange but one seems to shed right after the other one,

They are continually growing. As babies they are growing a lot faster so they shed more often. As they approach adulthood, their growth rate slows right down and they shed less often and in 'stages' rather than a whole body shed that they do as babies.

They do eat shed sometimes. I have seen Amy come down to the lower part of her cage and zap the shed skin off the cage floor! Yummy!:D

Back
Top Bottom