Sisko passed away after tail amputation surgery.

Lt.WorfReportingForDuty

Established Member
Sisko the Jackson’s chameleon passed away this morning, 2 days after a tail amputation surgery. We loved him greatly and he will be dearly missed. I let the vet that performed the surgery know, I suspect that he was incorrectly intubated as he was coughing and vomiting blood this morning. I also don’t know how old he was as he was a rescue.

After he survived the surgery, I thought that meant he was in the clear. He seemed to be doing alright yesterday, although grumpy, which is understandable. This morning when I checked him he was in very bad shape. I could tell he was dying and took him outside to feel the early morning sun on his favorite plant. He passed shortly afterward.

His tail issues may require another post if anyone is interested in the process and pictures of it. The vet thinks he had some sort of clot in his tail vein that caused part of it to die off. After a few months of “watchful waiting” to see if it would regain blood flow it was clear it was dead and needed to come off.

Attachments

• IMG_8507.jpeg
    IMG_8507.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 26
I am so sorry for your loss. Sisko is lucky to have an owner like you who took extremely good care of him. Keep him in your heart and don’t forget him. Sending hugs and blessings 💗 🫂

Sisko the Jackson’s chameleon passed away this morning, 2 days after a tail amputation surgery. We loved him greatly and he will be dearly missed. I let the vet that performed the surgery know, I suspect that he was incorrectly intubated as he was coughing and vomiting blood this morning. I also don’t know how old he was as he was a rescue.

After he survived the surgery, I thought that meant he was in the clear. He seemed to be doing alright yesterday, although grumpy, which is understandable. This morning when I checked him he was in very bad shape. I could tell he was dying and took him outside to feel the early morning sun on his favorite plant. He passed shortly afterward.

His tail issues may require another post if anyone is interested in the process and pictures of it. The vet thinks he had some sort of clot in his tail vein that caused part of it to die off. After a few months of “watchful waiting” to see if it would regain blood flow it was clear it was dead and needed to come off.
I’m so sorry for your loss. I’ve heard that reptiles can just crash after surgery. He had an amazing life. Sending all the hugs 🫂

So sorry for your loss. I’ve heard of a few dying quickly after a tail amputation. Don’t know why it seems to happen sometimes.

Poor baby. It was so kind that you let him feel the sun on his face.

I’m so sorry for your loss 💚 😞 he was stunning and I know he was thanking you in his last moments. You gave him peace of mind, feeling the sun on his face, his horns 🌅

Back
Top Bottom