So Excited To Get My Dragon Strand

cbilan

I ordered the medium Clearside Atrium for my boy yesterday. I can't wait for it to arrive and get it all decked out! Bill at Dragon Strand is great to work with. Does anyone have any pics of their Dragon Strand enclosure to share?

My large clearside atrium is being delivered via FedEx today and I'm so excited. I can't wait to get it setup this weekend! Congrats on your new enclosure

I love the Dragon Strand enclosure. I took some close ups for detail how I hung 4 inch potted plants on the side with bailing wire from the hardware store. I stole the idea from other enclosure folks have posted on this site. The table below I made myself which exactly fits the cage.

Note custom amazon hood which helps trap heat above since this room get cool this time of year, and it keeps the top 1/3 at about 80 degrees.

I also have a Climist misting system on a timer which sprays for a minute three times a day

Attachments

• IMG_4940.JPG
    IMG_4940.JPG
    259.6 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_4941.JPG
    IMG_4941.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_4942.JPG
    IMG_4942.JPG
    300.6 KB · Views: 314
That outer garden area with the window looks amazing! do you keep anything in there?

Thanks!

I recently got my first chameleon a few months ago, so no. I would have to put in a mesh of some sort to keep chameleon in, and predators out. Here in Santa Cruz CA it does get pretty warm in the summer so I am sure he would love basking in the sunshine, or hiding under a leave for shade. I need to do some research to fully understand what I have to do to keep him outside in addition to securing the enclosure.

BTW: the new cage come like Ikea furniture, took me a few hours to assemble it and get it habitable.

My large clearside atrium is being delivered via FedEx today and I'm so excited. I can't wait to get it setup this weekend! Congrats on your new enclosure
That is awesome. You sound like me. I'm so anxious to get it set up. I have to bake some branches and buy more vines. Please, please post pics.

I love the Dragon Strand enclosure. I took some close ups for detail how I hung 4 inch potted plants on the side with bailing wire from the hardware store. I stole the idea from other enclosure folks have posted on this site. The table below I made myself which exactly fits the cage.

Note custom amazon hood which helps trap heat above since this room get cool this time of year, and it keeps the top 1/3 at about 80 degrees.

I also have a Climist misting system on a timer which sprays for a minute three times a day

Looks great. I've been having a bit of a hard time with keeping the temp up in the Michigan winter. I had to raise the temp on our thermostat. I'll need to get a 24" tube UVB light. Love your custom made hood! Good idea.

That is awesome. You sound like me. I'm so anxious to get it set up. I have to bake some branches and buy more vines. Please, please post pics.

I definitely will. And I will want to see lots of pics of yours as well. Do you kind of have a plan of what you're planning to do? I have no idea other than lots and lots of live plants. I've also had a mistking for a couple months but haven't hooked it up yet because I was waiting for his large home to come so I'm excited to get that set up as well.

I definitely will. And I will want to see lots of pics of yours as well. Do you kind of have a plan of what you're planning to do? I have no idea other than lots and lots of live plants. I've also had a mistking for a couple months but haven't hooked it up yet because I was waiting for his large home to come so I'm excited to get that set up as well.

I don't have a mister. Right now we mist several times a day, I have a Little Dripper on top and a small humidifier on one side. Maybe I'll need a mister when he moves into this bigger cage. Right now he's just in a 16x16x30. I plan on a couple live plants, a lot of vines and some nice artificial vines with purple and green leaves. Mine is smaller that yours so I think 2 good size plants will be good. He has an umbrella plant right now that's about 27" tall. Are you going to attach your plants to the ledges? I' think I'll take care of baking the real branches this weekend. I collected 8 to choose from.

Very nice...bit of advice, read thru the entire instructions first, then take your time when putting it together...over tighten and its easy to strip the frame. What I did was get everything screwed together just to the point that everything held together(not lose but not tight)...then when back and gave every screw that extra 1/2 turn to snug everything up. I just put my large enclosure together last week.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/finally-got-my-dragon-strand-together.147982/

Looking good. Is that sand in the bottom of yours? I can't really tell. How do you mist if it is sand?

Thanks. No the base is simply the pvc board that came with the enclosure with small holes drilled in for drainage into the collection tray below. I'm one of those anti-substrate keepers for chams. I prefer the simplicity for a) cleaning and b) lower potential for collateral damage (mold, ingestion/impaction, and places for errant feeders to hide).

Thanks. No the base is simply the pvc board that came with the enclosure with small holes drilled in for drainage into the collection tray below. I'm one of those anti-substrate keepers for chams. I prefer the simplicity for a) cleaning and b) lower potential for collateral damage (mold, ingestion/impaction, and places for errant feeders to hide).

Ok gotcha. I'm with you on no substrate. I thought sand was quite a strange choice lol. I don't know why it looks like that to me.

I curious how you would clean a cage like this. All those nooks and crannies that will hold water and what ever. Seems like a bacteria breeding ground.
The enclosure (even nooks and crannies) dry out between each misting. There are no reservoirs in the foam walls that will hold water for too long, despite their appearance. It's pond foam which wicks away the water and forms tiny droplets which quickly evaporate. There is no need to clean the walls of the enclosure; I just clean the floor which collects water/waste. Also, the misting nozzle is positioned directly above the pothos in the upper left of the enclosure, so a majority of the medium and largest water droplets are collected on the leaves of the pothos. Lastly, I spot clean any feces/urates every evening before lights out.

Here is my large clear sided enclosure. I got it last weekend. 3 more weekends I am going to Repticon and hoping to get a chameleon to enjoy this set up!

Attachments

• dragon strand.jpg
    dragon strand.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 218
Back
Top Bottom