Some Last Minute Tips

Fallendude0

Hey y'all haven't been on here for awhile, busy with school and such. My cage is complete and has way more than last time i showed pics(will probably post them tonight since I am at school right now). Anyways, my chameleon is finally going to arrive on Wednesday!! I am so excited, but would like a few last minute tips incase I missed anything. My cage is 4ft high, 2 wide, 2 long, and he is only going to be 3 months old when i get him. I know this will to too big for him until around 5-6 months, so that is the tips I am looking for. His basking spot is very accesible, and has plenty of different size branches. I am also planning to cup/hand feed to avoid his prey escaping him. Any other tips? Thanks

I think you are set as long as you can provide acces to food, basking and water and make sure he is doing so, you are good to go!! Congrats! Post some pictures when you get him!:D

Hey y'all haven't been on here for awhile, busy with school and such. My cage is complete and has way more than last time i showed pics(will probably post them tonight since I am at school right now). Anyways, my chameleon is finally going to arrive on Wednesday!! I am so excited, but would like a few last minute tips incase I missed anything. My cage is 4ft high, 2 wide, 2 long, and he is only going to be 3 months old when i get him. I know this will to too big for him until around 5-6 months, so that is the tips I am looking for. His basking spot is very accesible, and has plenty of different size branches. I am also planning to cup/hand feed to avoid his prey escaping him. Any other tips? Thanks
Fill this out please:

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

I know some of the quesions are for after you have your cham but just answer them as how they would be if you did have your cham. For example about the supplements just state which supplements you will be using.

Your Chameleon - Sambava Panther, Male. Will be here tomorrow
Handling - None, and will give time to get used to new place
Feeding - Will be feeding crickets(mom won't let me get roaches).Using bug-burger repashy
Supplements - The all in one duster from repashy
Watering - I will spray with bottle 2-3 times a day, and have a little dripper
Fecal Description - N/A
History - He looks cute

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen, 4 ft high, 2 ft long, 2ft wide
Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 UVB light, a 60watt basking bulb, will plan on having on for 11-12 hours a day
Temperature - 88 Basking temp, lowest part of cage 73. At night no lower than 66.
Humidity - 58% and gets up to 80% for awhile after spraying. I'd say average 60-65%
Plants - 3 live plants. Schflerra, Pothos, Dracaena.
Placement - Just a sitting room, not used alot. Vent is closed off in there. It is 6.5 ft at the highest off the ground.
Location - Clarksville, TN

Your Chameleon - Sambava Panther, Male. Will be here tomorrow
Handling - None, and will give time to get used to new place
Feeding - Will be feeding crickets(mom won't let me get roaches).Using bug-burger repashy
Mainly crickets will be fine while he is still young. You can go with pinheads, or even 1/4-1/2" for now if he can eat those. Remember to feed him as much as he will eat while he's young, and then once he's closer to a year actually start feeding him a set amount everyday or every other day. If you want to have a little more variety for now you could get Superworms. You can also get Silkworms and Hornworms, but they can get costly and be more difficult to keep alive, so if you can get away with just feeding him crickets and superworms until he gets to be a good bit larger thean I would do that. A big part of the variety is to keep him interested into what he is eating. Sometimes chams will go on hunger strikes and you will have to find something else for him to feed on.

Supplements - The all in one duster from repashy
That's a great choice. A bit of advice: only use it every other feeding. He doesn't need it everyday, and you will make it last longer.

Watering - I will spray with bottle 2-3 times a day, and have a little dripper
If you can't manually spray him like that everyday, get a misting system so you can set it to automatically mist for the amount of times, and for how long you would be misting. For a dripper I recommend ZooMed Big or Little Dripper. Remember to allow the cage to dry out in between mistings to discourage the growth of bacteria.

Fecal Description - N/A
History - He looks cute

Cage Info:
Provide a bunch of highways through the use of vines and branches. I personally like exo terra large vines and grapewood.

Cage Type - Screen, 4 ft high, 2 ft long, 2ft wide
Lighting - Reptisun 5.0 UVB light, a 60watt basking bulb, will plan on having on for 11-12 hours a day
Just 12 hours is fine. 12 on and 12 off.

Temperature - 88 Basking temp, lowest part of cage 73. At night no lower than 66.
Good temps. Ambient should stay in the70-80 range during the day, and 60-70 at night.

Humidity - 58% and gets up to 80% for awhile after spraying. I'd say average 60-65%
Plants - 3 live plants. Schflerra, Pothos, Dracaena.
Excellent choices. So long as you provide lots of foilage, and a cup to feed out of, should have no problem keeping him in such a large enclosure while he's a baby.

Placement - Just a sitting room, not used alot. Vent is closed off in there. It is 6.5 ft at the highest off the ground.
Location - Clarksville, TN

Everything else sounds good :)

Haha thanks man. Appreciate you taking the time to add all that. I will def take that into consideration. Once I get back from this hockey game I'll post pictures of the cage, I think its pretty awesome. Lots of Highways.

Back
Top Bottom