Soon-To-Be Veiled Chameleon Owner - Few Questions!?

Go to your local fish bait store...same crickets, full grown. Their two dollars a hundred around here.

For a 2 month old cham, should he be eating pinheads, or the .125" crix?

I think ordering 500 at a time will be best. Will they live for 2 weeks maybe?

Depends on the physical size of your cham. I would think at least the quarter inch. You should have no problem keeping them for a few weeks. I use the flukers orange cubes for water and the vitamins and dandelion leaves for them to eat. I also put in whatever I have in the fridge. Carrots, pears, apples, romaine lettuce, collard greens. Just don't use spinach. Inhibits the absorption of d3.

Depends on the physical size of your cham. I would think at least the quarter inch. You should have no problem keeping them for a few weeks. I use the flukers orange cubes for water and the vitamins and dandelion leaves for them to eat. I also put in whatever I have in the fridge. Carrots, pears, apples, romaine lettuce, collard greens. Just don't use spinach. Inhibits the absorption of d3.

What do you keep your crix in? Just a tub or something? I heard carrots and sweet potatoes are really good for gutloading the crix too.

I am now considering doing a "rescue" of a cham, I was looking around online and found a reptile rescure in my town, called them up and they have a male veiled in right now, I am awaiting them to send me more info (age, health) and a few pictures.

Awesome, thanks.

The plans in my tank are doing well, I have the timers and everything all set up, all I need is the cham!

I just have a very small glass aquarium-maybe 2 gallons-with a glass top. Works great. I understand the need to help the rescued cham, that's how I got one of mine, but do it with your eyes wide open. You may want to wait until you have a little more exp before doing that. It's hard enough rainsing a good quality, healthy one. If it has any real problems it could cost you an arm and a leg with vet bills. It's just a judgement call you'll have to make for yourself. Good luck. David

That is why I would rather get a baby and rasie it, so I can learn everything about them.

I think I may have to mailoder, I called every petstore in phoenix, none had any chams, I am going to check the newspaper and search for local breeders tomorrow.

If I were you I would stay away from the pet stores for sure!! A lot of the people that have been giving advice on here also raise chams and produce a much better and healthier chameleon. Don't worry about the shipping. Almost if not all of them, guarantee live arrival and a health period. They ship overnight and know what their doing. Every chameleon you'll find at a pet store has been shipped to them also. They will also be there for you should you have any problem or questions. Good luck. David

hello

hey u guys still here? im about to return my ball python back to the rep shop, and im positive im gona get a baby veiled..theyre 40 bucks at the rep shop and in tip top shape, iv boughten my baby corn snake, bros red tail boa, the ball python, 2 leopard geckos, and all of my cages from there..im gona use the balls 20gal tank for the baby for now, its about 1ft tall, 2-3 ft wide, and a ft long..i know the dimensions arent perfect but it works for now :)

southern california

i live in lakewood california, the stores about 20 min away though, in cypress, yep theyre 40 and theyre babies, they have an online store...never seems to work for me though but its radicalreptiles.com check it out..they make custom stores and stuff, im really lucky i live near it

ah damn sorry, well its cool that were both gettin chameleons in about a week :D..but if u ask me id buy the babys online rather than the adult male your gona rescue cuz the veildes tend to be aggressive i hear..thats why im gettin one young

ah damn sorry, well its cool that were both gettin chameleons in about a week :D..but if u ask me id buy the babys online rather than the adult male your gona rescue cuz the veildes tend to be aggressive i hear..thats why im gettin one young

Yeah, I want to try to take him out daily, so he can not be so agressive when he gets older, if possible.

I am still considering spending the money and getting a panther, not sure yet though.

Back
Top Bottom