spot mark small brown on veiled chameleon

Please could anyone advise. I have attached picture. The animal is about 3 weeks old.

Attachments

• My Movie.avi_snapshot_00.21_[2009.11.18_16.24.31].jpg
    My Movie.avi_snapshot_00.21_[2009.11.18_16.24.31].jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 210
well i mean it could be a million...things....we would have to see a upclose picture...hes wild right?

well i mean it could be a million...things....we would have to see a upclose picture...hes wild right?

Where would you get a wild 3 week old veiled?

I would talk to the breeder, this baby came from, who I hope is local to you and see if they have any advice. The other option is see a vet.

Setup details PLEASE! This could be anything from a thermal burn to a bacterial or fungal infection to an abscess, to an insect bite. Check your temps and lighting...marks on the upper back are often burns from heat spots.

well the photograph looks like it was taken in the wild...and i dono about you but a newborn cham could be easily seen in the wild ( yemmen)

well the photograph looks like it was taken in the wild...and i dono about you but a newborn cham could be easily seen in the wild ( yemmen)

Looks like those are plastic plants in the background.

Newbie, the spot in question is not clear enough in the photo for us to make an intelligent assessment. Is this your chameleon? If this is a member of a clutch, and is being kept with clutchmates, then I would check to see if this is a bit of poo or urate on your chameleon's side. That is not uncommon with babies housed together. Try to moisten the area and clean it off with a damp cloth or Q-tip. If it doesn't clean off then try to get a very focused photo of the area in question.

if i lived in a country that had wild chams...and there was one with what looked like a seriouse helth problem i would come here for answers....i was just asking lol

is it just me or is this little fela not in super shape, he looks kinda skinny to me.
could be me miss judging the picture so correct me if i'm wrong.
about the spot looks internal to me.

Back
Top Bottom