Stella's Vet Visit

For what it's worth, my panther has edema (my Jackson did too, but got over it) and I'm fairly certain it was actually too much vitamin A rather than too little. Practically no research has been done on this topic at all, so there's no reference to use. :(

For what it's worth, my panther has edema (my Jackson did too, but got over it) and I'm fairly certain it was actually too much vitamin A rather than too little. Practically no research has been done on this topic at all, so there's no reference to use. :(

have you looked into cal/phos ratio for your panther?

Awe man Im sorry its getting worse..:( poor girl... Im with Ataraxia on this one. Make him run the tests or send you to someone who can qualify to deal w/ this

I would let him know he is guessing with your chameleons life, stress on you and your money. If he does not feel qualified to handle this situation who would he recommend in the area. If he does feel competent. He needs to test the fluid causing the swelling in the turret. See what bacteria she has and prescribe appropriate medications. If he feels it is a imbalance, he needs to do some blood work.

She is your chameleon and relies on your best judgement. I think you are a great keeper and know what needs to be done :)

Thank you, I like that attitude!
I will have him test these things, or recommend someone else!

When your jackson had the edema, where its eyes at all like Stella's?
Stella recieved Repashy calcium plus on her feeders everyday for over a month, then I stopped all food for a week, stopped all supplements except some calcium for over a month, then she got the edema.
So it could have been too much and the edema took a while to occur, or too little after having so much for so long.:confused:

Awe man Im sorry its getting worse..:( poor girl... Im with Ataraxia on this one. Make him run the tests or send you to someone who can qualify to deal w/ this

Thanks man, Im calling them now.

my chloe also had endama and eye puffing a while back. simply i cut her back to once a week she gets hardly any cal. it went away in a week or two. :)

my chloe also had endama and eye puffing a while back. simply i cut her back to once a week she gets hardly any cal. it went away in a week or two. :)

Thank you for your input, I am glad she is better.

I just spoke with the vet, he said that he really thought I should wait and see if the swelling goes down.
I said Id rather have the tests done and know for sure, and he didnt have an argument.
So she has an appointment Thursday.:)

AH HAH!
New symptom:

Look at this, she is pointing:mad:

IMG_0344.jpg

Straight up at the basking light.

Seems like infection is definitely playing a role.
I am glad I am not waiting a few weeks for the edema to go away.
Thanks guys.

Well...

Thanks for asking!!!:)

I increased her basking temp to high 80's(although shes been spending a lot of time outside(75-83)) and the swelling was greatly reduced this morning.:D
She just had what looked like a little extra skin folded over:)

After a few showers while she was outside today, her eyes swelled back up.
stellaexampone.jpg

stellaexamptwo.jpg
They look better now though.

Still behaving normal, and eating and drinking well.(not to well;))
So I am very poitive about it all.

I havnt seen her pointing at the basking light anymore.

She goes back to the vet tomorrow afternoon.
I am going to get them to do a culture and see what grows.

If I can get the timing right:rolleyes:, Ill have some fecals done too.;)

So cross your fingers!

(EDIT: Thats a little bit of dubia in the corner of her mouth;))

I had to sit there all morning with a baggie waiting for a fecal for Morpheus, never hit the ground:p. Lol. And after all that I got to the vet and realized I forgot it :eek:

Im glad to hear its not getting worse man.. She needs to get better for her date though;)

Well...

Thanks for asking!!!:)

I increased her basking temp to high 80's(although shes been spending a lot of time outside(75-83)) and the swelling was greatly reduced th:pis morning.:D
She just had what looked like a little extra skin folded over:)

After a few showers while she was outside today, her eyes swelled back( up.
View attachment 50501

View attachment 50502
They look better now though.

Still behaving normal, and eating and drinking well.(not to well;))
So I am very poitive about it all.

I havnt seen her pointing at the basking light anymore.

She goes back to the vet tomorrow afternoon.
I am going to get them to do a culture and see what grows.

If I can get the timing right:rolleyes:, Ill have some fecals done too.;)

So cross your fingers!

(EDIT: Thats a little bit of dubia in the corner of her mouth;))

I had to sit there all morning with a baggie waiting for a fecal for Morpheus, never hit the ground:p. Lol. And after all that I got to the vet and realized I forgot it :eek:

Im glad to hear its not getting worse man.. She needs to get better for her date though;)

Lol, I can picture you standing there with the bag:rolleyes::p

I dont suspect a parasite issue atm, but Ive never had them checked so I thought it would be good since Im going anyhow. They both have till about 2pm to do their business. :p
Donahue should make that time, Stella its always a hit or miss.:p
Ill try to remember to take it with me if I get any poo!

I would like to breed her soon if Im going to, but Im not sure I will.:eek:
I mean, I would hate to deny her her purpose, but I really want to breed Donahue, and Im not sure how many babies I could handle:eek:

We will see;)

Update

Stella just got back from the vet:)

Her eye swelling has greatly diminished.

She as really mucus y saliva though.
I had to hold her, and open her mouth with a tongue suppressor while he took a swab.
That was an experience:rolleyes:
She definitely has plenty of strength left in her!:eek:

Everything else is still fine.
:)

I will know the results by the middle of next week.

:rolleyes:

:eek:Sry, Ive been updating the FR:D

I took these earlier today before the vet:
IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

These were taken a few min. ago:
IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

Still puffy, but it has gone down.
It fluctuates, sometimes they look almost normal, then they puff back up.

I would like to breed her soon if Im going to, but Im not sure I will.:eek:
I mean, I would hate to deny her her purpose, but I really want to breed Donahue, and Im not sure how many babies I could handle:eek:

We will see;)

Shes looking good man :) Should you decide you want to breed her, just lemme know and ill send Rango your way:p

Back
Top Bottom