Takin the Plunge!!!

cham dude

Well I started building my enclosure today. It is 1"x2" boards to make the frames. Its overall dimensions are 2.5'x2.5'x4. What do ya'll think so far? Will post some more pics as I complete more.
DSCN6265.jpg

How should I do the floor? Solid or screen?

:cool: Go to a hydroponic grow shop and pick up a molded tray. Or check out the diffrent materials they have to make a drip/drainage system.Most of them carry lots of water collecting stuff,and great plant bulbs to.
How do I make a drain?

Lookin good! I actually wish I made mine those dimensions. Mine is taking longer than expected of course, waiting for the stain to not be so sticky.

That tray sounds like a good idea - I was going to use thing plexi as the bottom and then maybe a close fitting tray to catch most of the moisture.

Very nice

I got quite a bit done today:
Enclosure:
Picture001-1.jpg

Left door:
Picture002.jpg

My three year old, Aurora, posing with her "meleon cage"
Picture003-1.jpg

All I have left is the bottom and the stand. What do ya'll think?

Got a little more done today, however 1 step back, I ripped a small (quarter sized) hole in the back screen and didn't realize it. But, i have enough screen left over to just replace the whole panel. Well this is what I got done:
Picture004.jpg

What is everyone's oppinion on misters. I saw the mist king but a little out of my price range at the moment. Any others worth spending money on? Pros and Cons of them? Or should I save for the Mist King?

Really nice cage you built there.
I like it a lot.
I'd like make one.
How did you fasten your corner joints?
I'm just finishing a revamping project on a cage I got from craigslist.
For my drainage I went TapPlastics bought 1/8" sheeting and glued it together with near a 1/4" per foot slope to the center drain hole.
My craigslist cage came with 1/2"x1" slotted wire mesh which kinda scared me into thinking that I'd have crickets running loose in my house so I put 6" skirts on the drain pan....being that he is either cup or hand fed this was overkill.
I'm actually digging the large mesh.
Also I really like the MistKing that I recently received.
I can't say enough good things about that system.
We have really hot temps where I live and no one home during the day.
My guy is just now starting to dig getting misted where as before he'd boogy away from any form of misting

:):D;):cool::p
Really nice cage you built there.
I like it a lot.thank you very much. I put a lot of sweat into it
I'd like make one.just do it. I spent $100 on it and I really like it. I also spent an additional $12 on locks cause I have a three year old and I don't thinkit would be a great idea for her to be able to open it.
How did you fasten your corner joints?I cut 45 degree cuts on my mitre saw and then just screwed them together. No big deal.
I'm just finishing a revamping project on a cage I got from craigslist.
For my drainage I went TapPlastics bought 1/8" sheeting and glued it together with near a 1/4" per foot slope to the center drain hole.
My craigslist cage came with 1/2"x1" slotted wire mesh which kinda scared me into thinking that I'd have crickets running loose in my house so I put 6" skirts on the drain pan....being that he is either cup or hand fed this was overkill.
I'm actually digging the large mesh.
Also I really like the MistKing that I recently received.
I can't say enough good things about that system.
We have really hot temps where I live and no one home during the day.
My guy is just now starting to dig getting misted where as before he'd boogy away from any form of misting I think I will save then. Thanks for the info and praise.

looks good man. you should save a bit and get an aquazamp. depending on what other misting systems you were considering - the habba mist isnt worth it. in my opinion you should get one of those pump pressurized garden sprayers and save for the aquazamp. pros are usa made, food grade nozzles, ships from the us - if you order one of the express kits it comes really fast (mine came in 2 days).. they offer the raindome which is actually more practical for chams.. yep. just my opinion of course. kevin will help you however you need to be helped be it over the phone, email or talk to him through his chat on the website.

looks good man. you should save a bit and get an aquazamp. depending on what other misting systems you were considering - the habba mist isnt worth it. in my opinion you should get one of those pump pressurized garden sprayers and save for the aquazamp. pros are usa made, food grade nozzles, ships from the us - if you order one of the express kits it comes really fast (mine came in 2 days).. they offer the raindome which is actually more practical for chams.. yep. just my opinion of course. kevin will help you however you need to be helped be it over the phone, email or talk to him through his chat on the website.
Thanks, will definitely look in to it.
Oh, and I just wanted to say thanks to all of the forums members for all of the help that you have given me. It is really nice to know that there are still awesome people out there to lend their expertise to help someone out. I just hope that one day I am able to repay the advice that I was given.

Ok, cham is coming tomorrow. A veiled from LLLReptiles. I wanted the panther, but I got the executive override:mad: But here is how my build is going:
Picture012.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture015.jpg

My cricket box:
Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Plants are a umbrella plant, Golden Pothos, Gardenia and a Indian Hawthorn.
So, how am I doing all you experts???:eek:

Is it possible to house a baby male and female together? And if it is, how long do I have until aggression starts showing?

Is it possible to house a baby male and female together? And if it is, how long do I have until aggression starts showing?

If they are siblings you will have until they are about 3 to 3.5 months then they will start stressing. If they have not seen eachother before you should start with separate enclosures. I have had 3 month old panther siblings that started together, got moved to separate bins, then put in a larger screen cage together due to lack of space. After a couple of hours one was on top fired up, and the other was near the bottom turned almost black. I separated them and they were fine after that.JMO

Nice cage BTW. What is on the bottom? I did not see a drainage solution or i missed it.

Back
Top Bottom