The advantage of planting pothos at the bottom

Inside my only enclosure, the rest are free range setups, I’ve planted one pothos at the bottom in the bioactive soil. It will take almost a year before it’s fully established and thriving, but once it does you’ll be amazed about its growth and naturalistic appearance. I can only promote this because it will not only create coverage and vines but will pure aesthetic. It will grow through your enclosure around branches and against the side walls. Difference in height from top till bottom is 60”

Currently at the bottom, really thin like usual
View attachment 356677

At one third of the enclosures height
View attachment 356675

At 2/3 all the way to the top, thumb thick vines with massive leafs. Need to trim down the leafs every few weeks.

View attachment 356676

View attachment 356678
This is awesome! I put a large pothos in the very center of Spikes enclosure, then I put smaller ones around the outside. The big one is INSANE now and goes all over the enclosure. Some of the smaller ones have gotten really big as well. Instead of trimming, I've been actually redirecting the vines sometimes so that they just keep going all over the enclosure, covering as much as possible. I am working on getting them to a point to where I can remove his 2.......brown palm trees (lol) and just have the pothos. I could remove them now but idk, I am still waiting for now. Maybe I will do that soon.

I'll try to get a picture soon.

@Sonny13 I've been prepping to go bioactive with some of my chameleons and I'd really love to do a bioactive for my parsons as well. Do you find that you use a ton of water with her being in a bioactive enclosure?
Well I'm using 2.5 gallon per week for misting and 1.5 gallon for fogging, but wil only drain 1 gallon. The will be absorbed by the plants and the soil. I love bioactive!!

This is awesome! I put a large pothos in the very center of Spikes enclosure, then I put smaller ones around the outside. The big one is INSANE now and goes all over the enclosure. Some of the smaller ones have gotten really big as well. Instead of trimming, I've been actually redirecting the vines sometimes so that they just keep going all over the enclosure, covering as much as possible. I am working on getting them to a point to where I can remove his 2.......brown palm trees (lol) and just have the pothos. I could remove them now but idk, I am still waiting for now. Maybe I will do that soon.

I'll try to get a picture soon.
Sound great as well (y)(y) pic's are always welcome :cool:

I just came across the pics of my sweet Jack’s enclosure that had the wild pothos.
IMG_3929.jpeg

I’ve tried so hard to get it going again like he had, but it isn’t happening. The difference is that I had my mist heads in the back of the enclosure then. It was so very difficult any time I had a mist head crap out and i needed to change it that I now have them all in the front. Now all of my plants barely cling to life. :( One of these days I’m going to bite the bullet and move all the mist heads to the inner sides (of the double wides) and see if that helps. It could also be that my sweet beautiful Jack had poo that was just as amazing as he was and the plants loved it and him so much that they grew hugs around him. 🥰

Well I'm using 2.5 gallon per week for misting and 1.5 gallon for fogging, but wil only drain 1 gallon. The will be absorbed by the plants and the soil. I love bioactive!!
And you are not finding a lot of rot or soggy soil with that amount of water? For my parsons I'm going through about 10 gallons of water per week, it might be less....my fog/mist bucket has about 1 gallon of water left in it I fill it again to the top and I have to do that 2x a week. So maybe 7-8 gallons of water per week.

I just came across the pics of my sweet Jack’s enclosure that had the wild pothos.
View attachment 356806

I’ve tried so hard to get it going again like he had, but it isn’t happening. The difference is that I had my mist heads in the back of the enclosure then. It was so very difficult any time I had a mist head crap out and i needed to change it that I now have them all in the front. Now all of my plants barely cling to life. :( One of these days I’m going to bite the bullet and move all the mist heads to the inner sides (of the double wides) and see if that helps. It could also be that my sweet beautiful Jack had poo that was just as amazing as he was and the plants loved it and him so much that they grew hugs around him. 🥰
Maybe Jack did 😂 But it took me almost 2 years to get it this way as well. Sometime the plants die and somehow get kick alive again and grow double as hard as before. Maybe it’s just patience we need to have with plants. My pitcher is the same, almost wanted it to throw out and while now it grows immensely.

Looks great Vikki 😍

Back
Top Bottom