The big dripper

Solid tegs

The setup i have now decided on and am looking at start up kits now one I am looking at has a big dripper with it and am wondering if that is really worth having or whether I am better of just spraying the viv regularly
Thanks for any advice

Hi there! It's always good to have a dripper in case your buddy wants a drink when you're not around :) we still mist but have the dripper going all day too :)

They work in conjunction with a sprayer. You can also get creative and make your own dripper. I would use some kind of dripper if you do not have an automatic misting system.

Thankyou both for the advice I was just reading about them and it says the do not affect the humidity so would have to pay for the dripper and a mister/fogger.

Would a mister or fogger be sufficient for leaving water on the plants for him to drink

Misters leave a lot of water, it's basically rain, there's 2 brands most of us use, I use MistKing but I forget the other. A fogger is a lot cheaper but all it does is create a fog, not a sufficient amount of water.

Misters leave a lot of water, it's basically rain, there's 2 brands most of us use, I use MistKing but I forget the other. A fogger is a lot cheaper but all it does is create a fog, not a sufficient amount of water.

Thankyou for the advice will have to have a look at the mister otherwise the dripper and fogger would be sufficent i am hoping to be able to use a wooden viv with plenty of vents already in it and then aq hole cut in the top for the basking lamp which will create more ventillation so just need to work out if the mister would be to much moisture for the viv.

Don't cut a hole for the lamp. It has to stay outside the cage. Have it atleast be seperated by screen. If you get the fogger or dripper you'll still need to mist along with them. Personally I'd get a cage that has the needs of my cham, as they need the amount of moisture they need I wouldn't get a mostly wood one.

Don't cut a hole for the lamp. It has to stay outside the cage. Have it atleast be seperated by screen. If you get the fogger or dripper you'll still need to mist along with them. Personally I'd get a cage that has the needs of my cham, as they need the amount of moisture they need I wouldn't get a mostly wood one.

Sorry didnt explain myself properly there the reason im getting wooden is due to the climate as im in the uk and we arent very fortunate with our weather here lol and to have a screen cage would be a fighting battle to keep temp and humidity up and when i said cut a hole that would be through the wood and the meshfixed over the hole .

That makes more sense. You can get paints that will make sure the wood doesn't get warped or get mold. Just make sure you have enough drainage and a mister is perfectly fine.

That makes more sense. You can get paints that will make sure the wood doesn't get warped or get mold. Just make sure you have enough drainage and a mister is perfectly fine.

Sorry im getting so confused lol the thing being the room he would be in drops to around 65 at night as that is what my beardies drop to lol and yeah thats the next thing is o work out some drainage for it to but yeah i meant if i used both fogger and dripper to have sufficent water and a fogger for humidity or just a mister could do both jobs I think lol

Mister could do both jobs. Fogger and dripper won't be enough to fully hydrate your cham, but they are nice bonuses.

Lol so mister is the way to go lol was just looking at the exo terra ultrasonic fogger as that says it raises humidity and leave water for the cham to drink but ony just started looking at that so will have to read more in to it

Thanks again

I'm on my first Cham, but I will say this the Big dripped for sure has made it lot more easy to care for my pet. Just turn the know to the perfect setting for you. Good drip system !!

If you want a mister, check out AquaZamp! Kevin has some awesome set ups, plus he is a site sponsor. The Mistking is also a very nice system.

I use a dripper for an hour at a time during the day when I'm home. I also have a wood viv with no drainage and it needs to dry out before bedtime. I have used a fogger in the past but didn't find it very useful. I have used a few misters without success. For the last 5 months I have used a mistking. ( not avalable in uk yet). There is a web site in uk that I am keeping an eye on but it's not operational yet. I love my mistking as it is so reliable. You could always Hand mist.

I use a dripper for an hour at a time during the day when I'm home. I also have a wood viv with no drainage and it needs to dry out before bedtime. I have used a fogger in the past but didn't find it very useful. I have used a few misters without success. For the last 5 months I have used a mistking. ( not avalable in uk yet). There is a web site in uk that I am keeping an eye on but it's not operational yet. I love my mistking as it is so reliable. You could always Hand mist.

Welcome to my new post lol and new question :)
How did you come across a mist king might i ask if they are not available yet lol so the dripper is worth it i had a look like i say above the exo terra fogger its just really for if we are out and miss the misting just want to give him the best possible home

Welcome to my new post lol and new question :)
How did you come across a mist king might i ask if they are not available yet lol so the dripper is worth it i had a look like i say above the exo terra fogger its just really for if we are out and miss the misting just want to give him the best possible home

I feel like I'm a forum stalker. Ioi. I ordered it from mistking in Canada. Marty very helpful . I bought the starter kit. If I remember it cost approx £127 with postage. I selected the cheapest ( I'm an Aberdonian lol) it took 6 weeks to come and the tax to pay was £17. It came with a timer. IMO its worth every penny. Popeye doesnt respond to the dripper much but he does like to drink from a hand mist bottle dribbling in front of him. Keep on posting. It's good to do your research before you buy your Cham , many do it after.

I feel like I'm a forum stalker. Ioi. I ordered it from mistking in Canada. Marty very helpful . I bought the starter kit. If I remember it cost approx £127 with postage. I selected the cheapest ( I'm an Aberdonian lol) it took 6 weeks to come and the tax to pay was £17. It came with a timer. IMO its worth every penny. Popeye doesnt respond to the dripper much but he does like to drink from a hand mist bottle dribbling in front of him. Keep on posting. It's good to do your research before you buy your Cham , many do it after.

My first stalker LOL I was just looking on their website I saw a post on another forum about it coming to the uk but that thread was written on about a week ago and he was still waiting for the goods and had a look at there distributors and there is only other companies in canada now lol gonna have a look see if i can find it somewhere too now .

And how do you manage without drainage lol.

Back
Top Bottom