The start of something new

Okay.... A bit off topic but that's alright. This is my thread.:p

PDF's need constant humidity levels at around 80% and temps in the 80's. It is imperative that PDF vivariums have a glass lid. A mesh top would not allow humidity or temps to stay constant at that high a level... Check out www.dendroboard.com for more info on husbandry.

Be warned. Caring for PDF's can be just as addicting as Chams!!:)

View of top vent. Controller allows me to adjust independently the speeds of the mini fans. Two fans can blow air in while two other fans can suck air out.
TopVentMK.jpg

Getting 'Mooned" by one of the inhabitants.
FirstFrogPicMK.jpg

PDF Pair.
PairPic1MK.jpg

Frontal view of the viv.
VivMK.jpg

Your cage setup looks amazing. exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to do down the road. have you put any chameleons in there yet? Is it working out as both a good looking cage and a good cage for the chams?

No chams yet. The one thing that I have learned by building and maintaining coral reef tanks is patience. I will not introduce a cham until the cage environment is stable and functional.

I just found this "Monster" Pothos in my master bathroom. My wife is getting really pissed for she thinks I am stealing all of her plants!:p This guy is pretty big. I'm going to split it into 4 different pots. My goal is to have absolutely no fakes in the cages.

MonsterPothos.jpg

I just found this "Monster" Pothos in my master bathroom. My wife is getting really pissed for she thinks I am stealing all of her plants!:p This guy is pretty big. I'm going to split it into 4 different pots. My goal is to have absolutely no fakes in the cages.

MonsterPothos.jpg

Don't leave it out in the sun for too long... lol it'll brown over pretty fast

No worries. I just took it's pic before I gave it a good watering ouside. It usually does not get any direct sunlight.

I am NO green thumb at all.
We must belong to the same club!:D I'm kind of excited that my 'test' ficus and hibiscuses are doing well.... (knock on wood).

I actually bought another double bulb light strip. So the total lighting will be (3) Home Depot Philips grow lights, (1) Reptisun 5.0 UVB and (2) 50W Zoo Med basking bulb-1 over each cage. Not sure if the extra grow lights really help but the hibiscuses have not dropped any leaves and look to have multiple blooms starting. We will see.

They are pretty darn cool... Hopefully the next bloom with be multiples. I'll snap a pic and post regardless.

Don't wait for the macro lens. Take a shot and post those pics now!!!!:p Not enough people post pics in this forum.:D

Home sick today...:( I need to find some time to work on hanging/positioning the vines.

Just a quick pic of another bloom.
Hib2.jpg

WOW very nice! Gave me a idea for when I buy my house :) Now I just got to find a 48x48 stand :) Where did you find your stand?

Better late than never

That is so awesome. Great job! I missed this thread entirely. That is the nicest looking enclosure I have ever seen and the best part is that it utilizes the best cages available. You can use some translucent twin-walled plastic cut to fit that will allow light to pass through the enclosures while obscuring chameleons from each other's view.

Wow.

This is easily the best looking enclosure that I ever ever seen. I just want to say job well done and I am very jealous.

WOW very nice! Gave me a idea for when I buy my house :) Now I just got to find a 48x48 stand :) Where did you find your stand?
It's actually an old fish tank stand (and canopy) that I had gathering dust in my garage. Fish tank stands really do give a cleaner look especially if one is going to have 2 2'x2'x4' cages side by side. Just my preference.

I have another project (not sure if I'll just incorporate it in this thread or start another) that will be called "Juvy Hall". I'll be using another old fish tank stand with a 16"x16"x30" cage. Planning to have this cage house juveniles before moving them off to the Chameleon Mansion.:) I'll snap a picture later and post.

That is so awesome. Great job! I missed this thread entirely. That is the nicest looking enclosure I have ever seen and the best part is that it utilizes the best cages available. You can use some translucent twin-walled plastic cut to fit that will allow light to pass through the enclosures while obscuring chameleons from each other's view.

Wow.

Thank you! Can you get this translucent twin - walled plastic from Home Depot? I'm still trying to decide what to use as a divider.

This is easily the best looking enclosure that I ever ever seen. I just want to say job well done and I am very jealous.
:eek:

It's actually an old fish tank stand (and canopy) that I had gathering dust in my garage. Fish tank stands really do give a cleaner look especially if one is going to have 2 2'x2'x4' cages side by side. Just my preference.

I have another project (not sure if I'll just incorporate it in this thread or start another) that will be called "Juvy Hall". I'll be using another old fish tank stand with a 16"x16"x30" cage. Planning to have this cage house juveniles before moving them off to the Chameleon Mansion.:) I'll snap a picture later and post.

Thank you! Can you get this translucent twin - walled plastic from Home Depot? I'm still trying to decide what to use as a divider.

:eek:

Working on something like this myself just working out all the plumbing issues and etc.

Back
Top Bottom