Tika Our New Melleri!!!

She was perhaps not kept humid enough. Melleri need lots of humidity and water. Don't pull off the shed. Make sure she drinks and gets sprayed enough to get water soaked into her skin. She needs cool temps. About 80 basking, mid 70's daytime ambient. Down to 65-68 at night so she can sleep deeply. They don't like to be disturbed, and don't normally like to see strangers or other animals.

from what i had previously read on the discovery i knew they liked privacy. i havent messed with her shed. and dont plan to. what should her diet mainly consist of and how often should she eat i read 6-20 lg insects per day is that correct and what about supliments? im not sure but i think they dusted crix at every feeding...

What EcOfGeRi means is that they need to be kept in lower ambient temps than other types of chams. No need to be facetious. He was being helpful.
Here's an Adcham page with more info on Meller's , though certainly not as extensive as Melleridiscovery:
http://adcham.com/html/taxonomy/species/chmelleri.html

Courtney, that is one gorgeous cham!
The gray on the horn hopefully is not a fungal infection.

No its shed that hasnt come off i looked at it good her previous oweners were into helping her shed by pulling it off it made me mad when they pulled some off when i picked her up yesterday

Well that's certainly much better than fungus.
Clueless previous owners, for sure!
No doubt your beautiful new cham will do far better in your care!

ohh yes...the only other animal we have besides 2 veilds is a boxer who just looks at her and she doesnt ever come in my room more than 5 feet. check out the big thatnk to cleathechameleon thred

Congrats on the new Melleri - I have 2 and they have quickly become my favorites! Everyone on this site is great with the advice and knowledge. I am sure you will do fine with her. Best of luck!

Congrats on the new Melleri - I have 2 and they have quickly become my favorites! Everyone on this site is great with the advice and knowledge. I am sure you will do fine with her. Best of luck!

thanks alot!!!! i am orignally from marietta!!!! i know i jumped in with both feet first in the deep end. i planned on being able to get a melleri in the future i mean i have only had 1 cham for almost 4 yrs before she passed away. I have recently purchased a paire of Veilds. I fell in love with Tika on craigslist and figured one day ill have one then decided to just go have a look at her. i did and ended up leaving wih her. i can hardly afford all 3 at the moment but i make it work lol. i figured if i needed major help i have a pretty big life line on here. Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom