Urgent help needed. Weird swelling behind panther head. Please look and help me.

I read Sandra's blog and found it extremely informative but I do not make my own gut-load either. I use Bug Burger or Cricket Crack and supplement with fruits and veggies I have around the house on the approved list. Once I read what is OK and what isn't, it made it easier. I currently have mustard greens, an orange slice, some pear and a piece of sweet potato but it changes all the time based on what I have or can find easily. :)

I shop for fruit & veggies once a week for my family of humans and my family of chams. When I get home I spend an hour cutting, slicing and dicing and putting fruits and veg into individual ziplock baggies, then it all goes into a Tupperware container in the fridge. Every two days I change out the old veg & fruit for fresh and its very easy to just reach in my container and refill with fresh cut gutload. One hour a week for healthy chams. Can I get a hell yes!!

The grain/seed mix from Sandra's blog is excellent in that it takes maybe 15 minutes of measuring and blending, then into another ziplock it goes. This stuff lasts forever and considering how long it lasts, it doesn't even rate as time consuming to make, in my books!

Do my chams love their gutloaded feeders? Give me another hell yes!

Oh, and the swelling on Red's head is just some chub. I wouldn't worry about it just keep him on a regular feeder schedule and keep him off of wax & butter worms.

Good luck!

okay and sorry i was being so rash last week to some members on here, i just don't like it when people say i have to sell my chams and that i don't have time but thanks for the advice... i hope its just fat because it got a tiny bit fatter and i stopped feeding him as much. i hope its not edema but i don't over supplement him. in fact, i actually under supplement the red boy because i thought he had POSSIBLE edema... but no bumps on the armpits or legs or anything. i guess time will tell. thanks for all the help everyone, i will soon have an updated threat with all my male panthers.

did you have that vet appointment? how did it go?

I was thinking about this and remembered another forum member felt too much beta carotene was responsible for some edema like symptoms. If you've been heavily relying on carrots... maybe this fits?

I went to the vet and they didnt see anything abnormal but told me to monitor the bumps and see if they get bigger. the lumps are getting bigger but BARELY! im getting worried about it, im going to start a new thread tommorow with some new pics of him and the "bumps". they are just soft, fat like, bumps. I use carrots with alot of other greens now plus i have cricket crack and bug burger. I also have repashys super pig that the crickets gobble up like crazy. None of my other chams display these symptoms, oh and the red boy is kind of lethargic. but hes been lazy ever since I got him. he only goes crazy if you mist him with cold water or put him in the shower. also, he poops like once a week only and doesnt eat a whole lot, but still looks nice and plump. lately, hes been eating like 10 crickets every other day and he usually eats like 15 or 7 a day. He also doesnt fire up to my other males, only sometimes. but when he fires up, its like a light show lol hes all yellow.

i don't see whats wrong with asking members the easiest way to gutload and that works best for them... I wanted opinions. if everyone on here says gutloading is easy.. then what are you trying to say? .. are you saying i should of asked whats the hardest way to gutload? your confusing me man... I am using cricket crack, bug burger, and veggies.. I consider this easy as pie.

But lets forget about that. I am going to post a new thread with updated pics of my red boy later today. its starting to look some what bigger and I want to see if maybe it looks like edema. I took him to the vet but they she saw nothing wrong and didnt prescribe with anything.. so i gues time will just tell.

i don't see whats wrong with asking members the easiest way to gutload and that works best for them... I wanted opinions. if everyone on here says gutloading is easy.. then what are you trying to say? .. are you saying i should of asked whats the hardest way to gutload? your confusing me man... I am using cricket crack, bug burger, and veggies.. I consider this easy as pie.

You made a snide remark to me when I told you to dust your feeders and not your chams. YOUR the one who said you dusted your chameleons before you asked for the easiest way, which is why I responded the way I did! I was not trying to be mean just providing clarification rather than assume it was a typo. What if you really were putting the dust on your cham like you said? I just wanted to be sure you were using the dust properly.

Gutloading isnt complicated.

You buy the food, you feed it to the bugs.

you dont have to do anything to the food, just wash it, maybe cut it up so its not so large. and place it in your bug bins.

ridgebax1 I apologize. I didn't know what you meant. At first, i didn't even know I made that kind of typeO ... but i can assure you I don't dust my chameleon haha. I thought you where reffering to something else. My mistake, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom