UVB

Hsandovaljr

Established Member
Can I use this on my new cage 24x24x48 xl reptibreeze

Attachments

• 7A24BD14-792D-43BA-BBFA-5AACC4665ACD.png
    7A24BD14-792D-43BA-BBFA-5AACC4665ACD.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 49
14" is a bit undersized for a 24. If you can, try to get a 22". Its not going to make or break the setup, but you will have to encourage more basking in the center of the cage. But its not going to reduce output for those 14" vs a 22". So you will just have dead zones for 6" on either size of the bulb in the cage, so just fill those up with feeders :p

Can I use this on my new cage 24x24x48 xl reptibreeze
You can, but IMO it's extremely overpriced.
IMO you can do much better price-shopping for a generic fixture—see:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/need-a-better-uvb-light.184148/#post-1689350

These fixtures have become ubiquitous; many vendors are selling quality UVB bulbs (Reptisun 5.0 or Arcadia 6%) in combination with these fixtures. Prices & deals change.

I would go with the more appropriate size 22/24" bulb/enclosure.

Last edited:
So you will just have dead zones for 6" on either size of the bulb in the cage, so just fill those up with feeders :p

Feel free to verify with a meter (how I learned this), but IME, the ends still get a good amount of coverage. Not as much as directly under the center of the tube, but definitely not dead. The angle of effect is approx. 60°. At 9" away, this extends the marginal length by ~5"+ (each end).

1633445985211.png

14" is a bit undersized for a 24. If you can, try to get a 22". Its not going to make or break the setup, but you will have to encourage more basking in the center of the cage. But its not going to reduce output for those 14" vs a 22". So you will just have dead zones for 6" on either size of the bulb in the cage, so just fill those up with feeders :p

Thanks everyone for the advice. Just one other question why do people position there uvb fixture in different angels

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom