Veiled Chameleon Fell

katekob

My veiled chameleon fell off my arm today she is about 4-5 months old and I know they say they bruise from what I read on here, easily. She is bruised on the side. I feel so terrible. I suppose the bruise will go away in a couple weeks and I will leave her alone until then. But when I put her back in her cage she hung from her branch upside down and for lack up a better word spit up. Is she going to be okay I am terrified? She is moving fine should i take her to a vet? I was already worried about her not eating now this. Any one know a good vet in PA?:(

I would get her to a vet if she is acting strange and spitting up.

First of all, please attach a picture. Maybe then we can help you a little better, see how bad the bruise is, if there are any broken bones, etc.

How far did she fall from?

She feel from my hand while i was handling from about 3 feet I suppose. like I said felt terrible she fell. She only did that once now she is acting normal. A vet probably won't be an option till tomorrow because the emergency vet is about an hour and do not specialize in reptiles and the regular reptile vet is about an hour as well. The first picture is before and the rest are after it's only the one side that is dark. She is mad at me now I don't blame her, so I won't be bother her for a few days.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net...720/1375183_10202359451371789_876715492_n.jpg

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...729&sads=tnw-xn4SB4VqoSIS6-unWFmaCvI&sadssc=1

These are different camera's of course and the lights are different she is about the same color when she is basking I'm afraid to pick her up now of course.

She feel from my hand while i was handling from about 3 feet I suppose. like I said felt terrible she fell. She only did that once now she is acting normal. A vet probably won't be an option till tomorrow because the emergency vet is about an hour and do not specialize in reptiles and the regular reptile vet is about an hour as well. The first picture is before and the rest are after it's only the one side that is dark. She is mad at me now I don't blame her, so I won't be bother her for a few days.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net...720/1375183_10202359451371789_876715492_n.jpg

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...729&sads=tnw-xn4SB4VqoSIS6-unWFmaCvI&sadssc=1

These are different camera's of course and the lights are different she is about the same color when she is basking I'm afraid to pick her up now of course.
Now she is back to normal color no darking or anything....?

I really like my vet but he is near Reading PA, which might be a bit to far to travel. 2 hours

I can't see the second pictures either.

Reading is about 45 minutes to an hour away what's the name? Her color has gone back to normal....strange or is this common?
Thanks!

in the wild chams fall out of trees:eek:

it is most likely that right now you are more hurt than that pretty lil cham.

observe her, pay attention but honestly there is no need to rush off to the vet:D

in the wild chams fall out of trees:eek:

it is most likely that right now you are more hurt than that pretty lil cham.

observe her, pay attention but honestly there is no need to rush off to the vet:D

You might be right about me being more hurt! I feel sick to my stomach! I will be keep a close watch on her and she acts strange I will give the vet a call. I also not be handling her for a while. Thanks for the advise! :(

I really like my vet but he is near Reading PA, which might be a bit to far to travel. 2 hours

I can't see the second pictures either.
there's the second picture. Like I said she is back to normal color.

Attachments

• IMAG0028.jpg
    IMAG0028.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 186
That's good she is back to her normal color. She might have just been spooked like you are and is back to normal already. Just keep an eye on that cute little girl!

That's good she is back to her normal color. She might have just been spooked like you are and is back to normal already. Just keep an eye on that cute little girl!

Yep I was so worried when Monty first fell. Turns out he was totally fine.

I hope the little girl is okay :) Just keep an eye on her mood/color you should be ok.

If this morning is any indication to how she is feeling I am happy :)! She is climbing and drink and eating her plants. She even ate out of her cup and let me see her. She's usually pretty shy and won't do that. Like I said she is back to normal color and is acting normal! I think her cup may be a little to deep for her so I may have to look for a new one.

I just sold a pair of adult veiled's to a member on here a couple days ago. Well, last night the male veiled defecated on him and he got up to wash his hands and set the male down on the counter and while he was washing his hands he jumped off the counter onto the floor and broke his neck!! Now the animal is dead!! My point is, if something doesn't look right I would take em to the vet.

I just sold a pair of adult veiled's to a member on here a couple days ago. Well, last night the male veiled defecated on him and he got up to wash his hands and set the male down on the counter and while he was washing his hands he jumped off the counter onto the floor and broke his neck!! Now the animal is dead!! My point is, if something doesn't look right I would take em to the vet.

Oh my gosh that's terrible :(

O know I am so sorry to hear about that. It must have really hurt for you to hear that. Sorry for your loss. She is doing well eating (still not a lot [she might be shedding soon]), climbing, and drinking from her plants. I think she hate the mealworms.

Back
Top Bottom