Veiled watts question..

rachelk

I was wondering at what age should you upgrade to a higher wattage or if at all? I have a 75 watt house bulb now and my male veiled is about 8 months old now, it stays about 72-75 ambient and the basking spot is around 85ish...

My male is almost 2 years and he bask at 87 or 88 and my female's one year old and she bask at 80 to 82 so you are about right. Jann

Watts has nothing to do with the age of your cham. or anything at all. The temps in your cage are about 5 degrees cooler than mine but nothing to worry about. What other type of lighting are you using?

5.0 tube florescent. Well as long as you all think my temps are good then no need to change, I just wanted to double check if it needs to be warmer for him since he is getting older, besides i think a 100 watt bulb would make his cage too hot..ya think?

I wouldn'y use 100 watt. If you want it a tad warmer put your basking light a little closer to the cage. Jann

hmm..ok, I am not sure how to make it any warmer for him bc his light is already sitting right on top of the screen and i don't allow him to get real close to it, i could raise the fake vine up a little closer to his basking spot but that freaks me out in case of burns..

hmm..ok, I am not sure how to make it any warmer for him bc his light is already sitting right on top of the screen and i don't allow him to get real close to it, i could raise the fake vine up a little closer to his basking spot but that freaks me out in case of burns..

How far is the 75 watt from the basking branch? When I used a 75 watt the basking branch hit like 110+ degrees from 6 inches away. I had to move to a 50 watt.

Anyways, I have the basking light on a clip so I can just clip it farther or closer as necessary. For colder or warmer days.

Like this:
asasdas.jpg

How far is the 75 watt from the basking branch? When I used a 75 watt the basking branch hit like 110+ degrees from 6 inches away. I had to move to a 50 watt.

Anyways, I have the basking light on a clip so I can just clip it farther or closer as necessary. For colder or warmer days.

Like this:
asasdas.jpg

You need to move you UVB light more to the center of the cage. Very important they get their UV.

the bulb is about 10 or 12 inches from the basking branch, and he does not rub against the screen, he has once climbed upside down on it so i moved the branch further away to prevent him from doing that again bc it looked like it scrapped the tip of his mouth,

You need to move you UVB light more to the center of the cage. Very important they get their UV.

Oh its in the middle matching his basking branch. That picture was temporary while I was still throwing it all together. Thanks for the concern though, I really do appreciate it when people critique my setup. It benefits my chameleon, which makes me happy!

Holy shit, that sheff is so naked now, well not that much, but that was the first day I bought it, and boy does it look full.

Back
Top Bottom