Veiled Yemen not eating much

MDALE90

Hi,

I brought my Veiled Yemen home on Sunday night and on Monday morning I put in 4 locusts and I think she ate 3 of them, but hasn't eaten any since, any idea why this might be or what I can do to encourage her to eat?

Thanks.

Maybe the locus are too big why don't you try smaller Dubia roaches or 1/2 crickets usually always work are you gut loading them ?

Yeah they might be too big, they are size large and she is still fairly small. What do you mean by gut loading?

Yeah they might be too big, they are size large and she is still fairly small. What do you mean by gut loading?

you have to gutload your insects you feed your cham, basically feeding the insects waht you want your cham to eat. that way he stays healthy swithcing gutloads gives the insect a different tast and may increas the chances he or she will enjoy it search gutload on the forum it should help you out. hope that helps

If you just got her she's probably just setting in - even if she ate the first day - check out the care sheet in the Resources section above - they will let you know if there's anything wrong with what your doing and relax and let her settle in - get her on her new routine -

Yeah make sure to try other smaller feeders and like the above said, she could be settling. You also dust your feeders, right?

Back
Top Bottom